Forums are back in action! ×

The Scale, It Lies

Here's how I know:  3 week measurement differences (did it early for start of challenge)  Over 8 inches gone.  Only 3.4 pounds gone.  See?  Scale lies. 

Measurements on July 8

210.8  45% body fat

Bust: 44"

Waist: 41"

Hips: 49"

Thigh: 29"

Upper Arm 19"

Measurements today

207.4 42% body fat

Bust 43"

Waist 38"

Hips 47"

Thigh 26.5"

Upper arm 15"

The upper arm one is wrong for last time, I think.  Dunno.  My husband did it last time, and I did it this time with the little guy's help.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

My fluctuation days are over. Can't blame the PMS for anything. I CAN however, blame general bitchiness on menopause now, so there's a bonus :)

Congrats on the inches loss! And can you please send my body the memo? I only have a period about every 3 months, but every month I get bloated and gain weight still :playful:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Congrats on the inches loss! And can you please send my body the memo? I only have a period about every 3 months, but every month I get bloated and gain weight still :playful:

I did two years of that nonsense. Two some months, then none for three. It's been a year now, and I don't do the bloat thing anymore. The only thing I miss is the house cleaning berserker mode I used to go into.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

I did two years of that nonsense. Two some months, then none for three. It's been a year now, and I don't do the bloat thing anymore. The only thing I miss is the house cleaning berserker mode I used to go into.

No house cleaning beserker mode for me. But I have had some might good  workouts on the day just before my cycle

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Woot for you!

Yes the scale is being an a-hole to me too. The scale says I've gained 5 lbs (lost the 1 as of this morning), but my clothes are suddenly much larger on me, so its lying. Its a dirty dirty liar.

HOORAY FOR YOU!

Xeph Ranger

Misu gets good at getting out of fire - My very first challenge!

Full Metal Penguins - Because I need backup

Battle Log - Proof I can dodge walls of fire

"What happens to you doesn't define you - how you react does."

I think I may just put the scale on a shelf in the storage closet and stick to the tape measure - way more encouraging. (as is your post!) Way to go!

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford