Forums are back in action! ×

#1 - Welcome!

#2 - Your glasses are made of win and I am jealous!

Level 1 Ranger in Training

Current Challenge

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

-- Jack London

Thanks for the compliments guys. Haha. I like this community already!

Anyway, I guess I should share my fitness goals here.

I'm 24, male (obviously), and 5' 11'.

On January 1st I weighed 210 lbs. I started casually dieting and lost 10 pounds that month. February to April I had a little battle with my Crohn's disease. Starting at the beginning of May, I set out to lose weight and run a 5k. That leads me to now. I've lost 20 pounds, I weigh 180, I run 3 miles 5 times a week now and my first 5k is July 16th. I found this site yesterday and it has inspired me to start bodyweight exercises to get lean. I did my first routine today. If I can, I plan to do a full bodyweight routine 2-3 times a week along with my runs.

Diet-wise, I don't know if a paleo diet is a good idea for me. I am still looking into it. My current diet consists of no red meat, just poultry, seafood, whole grains, and low dairy. I also eat plenty of vegetables and some fruit.

Any tips or advice is much appreciated! :)

Welcome, and congrats on your progress so far!

I'm new as well, but the overall nerdiness of this community has been astounding ;-)

I wish I could help you out with your endurance training, but I don't have much expertise in the area. I do highly recommend weight training if only because, in my opinion, the end result = sexiness. Doesn't get much better than that ;-)

Cheers!

- Grey