Forums are back in action! ×

First day of C25K (and a woot for NF)

I did my first day of C25K today! I did the entire thing with no stopping! That might not sound like much but I'm not/never have been a runner. But I didn't hate running today! Now I'm not gonna be joining the scouts any time soon (no offense :) ) but I like it for an alternate workout. 

Also, after my run I was looking ahead at all the workouts in the C25K. I got to like week 6 and I was like "there's no way I can do this". I was ready to put it down and never pick it back up again. But as soon as I thought that, I heard Steve's voice (or what I presume to be Steve's voice as I've never actually heard it) in my head saying "Of course you can't slay the dragon yet. You have to kill the rats first." So I'll be continuing C25K! I just wanted to say thanks to NF for that and everything else that I've gotten out of my week that I've known about this website. So thanks! :)

post-19630-0-76823000-1375196041_thumb.j

Good for you!

When I started C25K, I couldn't even run for 60 seconds. My first day, I ran 42 seconds and felt like I was going to die.

I had to repeat the first week a few times, but I kept at it! Today, I ran 6.25 miles in about an hour and 20 minutes; my first full 10K distance without stopping.

What I'm saying is that you got this! Stick with it and you won't regret it. Running is awesome!

Grats on starting the program and completing the biggest step.    I tried running 2 years ago and was overweight so my knees hated me for trying.   Did yoga and swimming for 2+ years and lost 40 lbs, so was able to complete the program in 3 days after that.   My legs generally hate me the day after a run now, but its a worthwhile pain.   Also for me the leg pain went away partially by running again.   Keep at it and the pain starts to go away which is always a plus.  

Also Steve's voice is very friendly and he is just a super cool approachable guy.  Got to meet him, Staci, Seth, and a few others at a Boston meetup earlier this summer.  

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music