Forums are back in action! ×

Four Days completely without Caffeine

This is one of the hardest things I've done - and I thought "Grace" was hard.

2.5 weeks ago, I started decreasing the amount of caffiene to help with bone density.

Four Days ago, I hit ZERO caffeine.

I'm a little slower to get up in the morning, but I have MORE energy in the evening and I am sleeping better.

Lol,

My personal experience: I quit caffeine for about 4 months a year ago. My energy levels felt low every single day, and I kept thinking "just one more week and my body will adjust and life will be awesome". It never adjusted and life continued to suck.

I have since concluded that caffeine is magic and should not be forsaken.

But I'm glad it's working out for you so far ;-)

Cheers!

Hey, way to go!! I'm on my 2-week no caffeine-iversary today!!

We can be caffeine-free buddies!!

Okay, I had headaches for two days and couldn't stay awake for about five, then it all just stopped. I have a completely normal sleep schedule now (up at 6, in bed by 10:30), and I have a lot more energy in the mornings than I used to. I get reeeeally tired at night, but it's not "OMG I PASS OUT NOW KTHXBAI" like it used to be. Now it's more of a gentle weariness leading to easy sleep.

The only thing I miss is the taste, but luckily my local grocer carries some excellent decafs and "herbal coffees," but I don't have them every day so now coffee is a treat rather than a necessity.

Also, previous issues I was having with...digestion...(I won't go into any more detail about that) have gone away completely and I am now...digesting...normally. :D

Congratulations!!

Woot! That is awesome! I'm down to one cup of tea, attempted to go to decaf yesterday and had a big headache. I'm hoping to be off the juice by next week. :)

~Havock
N7 Lycan. Scout at heart, training with the Rangers.

{Level 1} STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

Thanks for the kudos!

Here is hoping that this will be enough for my skeleton to start rebuilding itself - I don't want a compression fracture when I'm lifting.

Okay, I had headaches for two days...

I pretty much avoided most headaches/bodyaches by scaling down over a two week period. To give an idea, I went from about 100+ ounces of normal coffee a day (yes, really). Basically, when I made coffee in the morning: first day was a scoop of decaf, 6 scoops regular; second day was 2 scoops decaf, 5 scoops regular. I paused at a couple points just to make sure I could survive it without going on a multistate killing spree. Yes, this is also generally cutting decaf carbonated drinks too.

...and couldn't stay awake for about five, then it all just stopped. I have a completely normal sleep schedule now (up at 6, in bed by 10:30), and I have a lot more energy in the mornings than I used to. I get reeeeally tired at night, but it's not "OMG I PASS OUT NOW KTHXBAI" like it used to be. Now it's more of a gentle weariness leading to easy sleep.

I still have trouble staying awake during the day, but that is probably because of the "exciting" nature of being a programmer. However, I have to say I've had the exact same experience you describe - not passout at night, but just "OK, it's about time for bed".

Some days are harder than others. I posted this "Woot" because today is a particularly hard day.