Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, thank you for coming to read my post! 

I stumbled across Nerd Fitness by accident a few months ago, looking for good work outs to feed my fencing *ahem* addiction.

I fence for my county in England, as well as for my university team and frankly it's amongst my favourite things in the world.

But I noticed that even with dedication to the work out and a slightly adjusted Paleo Diet (I was happy to cut bread - I hate bread - but don't steal my milk, Milk Snatcher!) I felt it wasn't enough. I had to give more dedication to my fitness and the proper fuelling of my body.

After all, we all only have one body! We must use it for what we really wish to do, not what others tell us we ought to do.

Rather than joining fellow students knocking back shots, I'd rather be in my white kit, sweating the Pacific Ocean as I try to find a way around my tricksy opponent.

But I am limited in my progression, simply because I don't have a diversity of exercise. I am reasonably fit, but playing one sport does not make one improve. it's the extra training that does it.

Hence, I decided to try more of the exercises used in the Assassin's Guild, for th Assassin's favour control, agility and speed, with sharp blades to do the job. Fencing is essential for an Assassin, but an Assassin would be in a pickle if she could only depend on her blade.

She needs to be able to run away from a scuffle. She must find efficient ways to clear obstacles, be quick and not wasteful with her energy in all her actions. I am willing to try things like parkour (even though I am afraid of heights), gymnastics (despite being an uncharacteristically clumsy fencer), climbing (see parkour) and bodyweight training, of which I will try harder than I did before, for now I have a goal;

To 'kill' a certain opponent.

Whenever I face this lady, she always thwarts me. It is embarrassing really. I would settle for at least a fight where we can fight as equals. Instead, she does not even break a sweat, having me run around trying to work her out. It's infuriating, but it is testament to how much I must improve.

In case you're interested, she is the current #1 Junior French Women's Foil Champion, and she is being put forward for the next Olympics. Unless someone beats her...

Such is my quest. Sorry for the long post, and the rambling content. I would be interested to hear any criticism of my wild idea, but also any positive feedback too. 

Thank you!

Serenpidus, Vampire Assassin, at your bloody service.