Forums are back in action! ×

The Anime Convention Thread!

Hi guysOne of the UK's big anime conventions, Ayacon, is just around the corner and I am fit to burst with excitement! Anyone got any conventions coming up? Any stories to share?

I don't have any conventions coming up, but I did go to one last month with a group of friends and had lots of fun. I did learn you have to pick who you go with wisely though.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Oh man, I know that feeling. British Cons tend to be very social so it can be tough going alone, and if you go with friends it can be difficult to meet new people. My fiancee used to go with two friends and the stress of dealing with them gave her literal panic attacks and travel sickness!

Glad to know I'm not the only that thinks you have to choose wisely! Although I think I could cope going to one alone, I would still want to go with someone. I would just have to pick more wisely.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Not at the moment, no! I have to admit I've never felt confident cosplaying because of being out of shape. In fact, my first (and really, only) cosplay I selected specifically because the character was... Of a huskier build!

I love cosplay but mainly from the standpoint of photography and from having friends who do. Myself and my partner attend the conventions mainly for photography, event video, and the great con atmosphere!

If you like, our photos can be found at flickr.com/teamneko and our event videos can be found at youtube.com/teamnekouk!