Forums are back in action! ×

I'm brand spanking new here, but boy do I love the idea. My name is Kacy, I'm a 23 year old girl living in the outskirts of Philadelphia. I had a crazy childhood (who hasn't?) and my teenage years were not easy. I was plagued my emotional instability and mental illness. At a fairly young age, I was self-harming and on my way to an eating disorder. By my late teens and early 20's, I was doing any drug I could get my hands on, self-harming regularly, and in the throes of several mental illnesses. I ended up with a pretty serious addiction, my epic downward spiral culminated into a dependence on heroin and a general lack of desire to live. 

Fast forward through some seriously intense treatment, medicine maintenance, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and here I am on the other side! For the most part, anyway. I have around a year clean from heroin and no desire to ever go back. I'm slowly learning who I am and what I want in life. I'm about to start working again, which I'm very excited for. Throughout my experience in recovery, the one thing I have consistently learned is that I need to trust the process. Sometimes that's really hard to do, when the path to a desired destination seems unclear or ever-growing. 
I hope that this community can help remind me to trust in the process of improving my life. As well as helping me stay inspired to make and achieve goals. Plus, I'm always looking to learn something new. I don't really know too much about fitness and healthy living, I spent so much time removed from life. 

I'm interested in running, most of all. I did some of it back in middle and high school, along with cheerleading and dance. I like yoga, but I'm not very good at it yet. I also plan on starting pole dance in the near future. 

I also definitely like nerdy things, at least I think so. I used to play World of Warcraft, and would love to again, when I get the money and time. I love Doctor Who, though I know for sure I haven't seen every episode, and Sherlock (I don't know, is that nerdy?) Even though I'm really really terrible at them, I love video games. I love the internet. I used to be pretty good at math, not so sure about that one anymore. I know pi up to 6 digits? My one downfall that I'm REALLY looking to change is I've never seen Star Wars. How wrong is that?! I feel like that is a necessary human experience that I am seriously lacking.

I appreciate any support or advice anyone would like to give me! Sorry for the length, I never know how much or little to say. Hope everyone here has a marvelous day! 

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes."

--Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"

The blog of my journey to a better self: http://be-large-contain-multitudes.tumblr.com

The blog of my other random stuff: http://fever-moon.tumblr.com

Hey !! wellcome !!!

Sherlock .... that's awesome ! and nerd too !

Well having not seen starwars ..... happens (i must say i don't know who doctor Who is....):P

If you need some infos, advices, and so on ... just ask !!

Have a great day too! (and for me a good night now ;) ) !

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Hey! You already sound like quite the success story to me! :) I'm really humbled that you've gone through so much already and still desire more - it really is an incredible journey you've been on. My teenage years were a little rough too, and I know that eating disorders leave a lasting impression sometimes about the way we think about food. You should be incredibly proud of everything you've come through!

If you ever need a pick-me-up, feel free to message me! Welcome! :)

Hey !! wellcome !!!

Sherlock .... that's awesome ! and nerd too !

Well having not seen starwars ..... happens (i must say i don't know who doctor Who is....) :tongue:

If you need some infos, advices, and so on ... just ask !!

Have a great day too! (and for me a good night now ;) ) !

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Hey! You already sound like quite the success story to me! :) I'm really humbled that you've gone through so much already and still desire more - it really is an incredible journey you've been on. My teenage years were a little rough too, and I know that eating disorders leave a lasting impression sometimes about the way we think about food. You should be incredibly proud of everything you've come through!

If you ever need a pick-me-up, feel free to message me! Welcome! :)

Thank you! It has been an incredible journey, I don't know that I would change it if I could, because it is what brought me to this point! I certainly wish I wasted less time though. That's so true about eating disorders. I considered myself fully in recovery until about a week ago, I didn't weigh myself ever, I wasn't counting calories or worrying about losing weight. But my relationship with food isn't too great. I won't eat, even when I'm hungry. I know I don't eat nearly enough calories a day to sustain good health. But I'm working on it! I'm sorry to hear that you've dealt with an ED as well but glad to see you made it out to the other side alive! Thanks so much for the support and kind words. :D

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes."

--Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"

The blog of my journey to a better self: http://be-large-contain-multitudes.tumblr.com

The blog of my other random stuff: http://fever-moon.tumblr.com

Thank you! It has been an incredible journey, I don't know that I would change it if I could, because it is what brought me to this point! I certainly wish I wasted less time though. That's so true about eating disorders. I considered myself fully in recovery until about a week ago, I didn't weigh myself ever, I wasn't counting calories or worrying about losing weight. But my relationship with food isn't too great. I won't eat, even when I'm hungry. I know I don't eat nearly enough calories a day to sustain good health. But I'm working on it! I'm sorry to hear that you've dealt with an ED as well but glad to see you made it out to the other side alive! Thanks so much for the support and kind words. :D

Oh gosh, I do the same thing with not eating sometimes even when I'm hungry. It's taken me a long time of forcing it, even with the rest of my mind screaming obscenities at me, to accept that I need to eat more than I think I do! I think it took me about a year of truly eating well to recognize the fact that not only was I stronger and healthier, I actually liked the way I looked better too! 

Seriously though, if you ever need someone to vent at when you're having one of those "I only ate a yogurt and some grapes but I think I'm good for today, I'm totally not hungry..." kind of days, I'm your gal. I do not miss those days one bit. 

But I'm with you girl - I don't think I would change it now, even if I could! We are both stronger people now than we would be otherwise! :)

Wow, congratulations. You've already come a long way.

Good luck on your goals and all your other life changes... AND GO WATCH STAR WARS ;-) Just... try to find the original cuts, seriously. Lucas ruins everything he has touched over the last 20 years...

This definitely seems like the place for support in general (coming from another newbie here), but feel free to reach out if you ever need a boost!

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Normal !!!

And you are quite amazing !! All the efforts done already, show lots of strength and determination !

Life sometimes throw us down, no matter how strong and smart we are. But stepping into a process of rising to a better self, & better life (and whiles smiling at it and having fun of it) is the real strength....

We all are here to level up, in a way and another ;) and get support ! So feel free to share, ask for advices & support, and... have fun !!

:)

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee