Forums are back in action! ×

First Strongman Competition- TIED FOR FIRST!

Wound up taking the silver because the other guy was lighter. This was a <200# weight class. 

We had  four events:

Atlas stones- max reps in 60sec of 205# & 240# stones

I got two post-15256-0-06664100-1376333971_thumb.j - this was my worst event

Axle Clean & Press- max reps in 60 sex of 195#

I won this event; 5 reps (would have been 6 but by first was a no-rep because I didn't wait for the judge to signal me to drop)

Farmer Carry- 100ft total (50ft around a keg & back)

I won this even too- 35.3 seconds. I would have been a touch faster but I dropped about 6 inches from the finish.

post-15256-0-84796700-1376334098_thumb.j

Sled Medley- 3 minute cap. Sprint with one odd object at a time for 50ft (keg 160#, ammo box with weights & plates 140#, 100# dumbbell & 75# dumbbell) then push a 325# sled 50ft.

I came in 2nd for this one. There was almost no traction in the warehouse we were competing in.

I had a blast and this was my first competition. I'm certainly going to do more stone work and stomp it next time! I want to be like Link with the Master Glove- throwing huge stones! I was even more happy with all this because 5 days previous I'd pinched my shoulder and was afraid that I wouldn't even be able to compete. Talk about a major thrill! Drank all the health potion I could and rehab'ed like crazy!

Allons-y!

If deadlifts were easy they'd be called ellipticals.

If you can't fix it with fish oil and squats you're probably going to die. ~ Marshall White

TIME LORD, The Warrior, Level 3: STE: 12, DEX: 12, STA: 5; CON: 5.75, WIS: 9; CHA: 2

Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Ephesians 6.10

-           -      -   -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------

How much weight is on that farmer carry? That's awesome, congrats.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

How much weight is on that farmer carry? That's awesome, congrats.

The carry was 450, so 225 each hand.

I was especially nervous about that one. I'd done a tiny bit of training on a rocky surface and had not been able to make the turn. I was pretty stoked to do so well!

Allons-y!

If you can't fix it with fish oil and squats you're probably going to die. ~ Marshall White

TIME LORD, The Warrior, Level 3: STE: 12, DEX: 12, STA: 5; CON: 5.75, WIS: 9; CHA: 2

-           -      -   -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------

The carry was 450, so 225 each hand.

I was especially nervous about that one. I'd done a tiny bit of training on a rocky surface and had not been able to make the turn. I was pretty stoked to do so well!

Damn, that's great. I don't think I'd have the grip strength for that, 385 DL rolls out of my hands after 2 reps and I have to go mixed any higher.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Damn, that's great. I don't think I'd have the grip strength for that, 385 DL rolls out of my hands after 2 reps and I have to go mixed any higher.

Nah. I'm pretty sure you could do it. My grip is about the same and I think you have a higher DL than me (my 1RM is 455). The neutral grip makes it much better than a standard dead.

Allons-y!

Guest Dirty Deads

Nicely done! I don't think I could handle the farmer's either. Not from the weight, but my left foot is flat so I wobble when I walk lol. Once those things get swinging you're screwed.