Forums are back in action! ×

Hello. I am a Warcraft III freak, and I spent the last 6 years of my life tied to the computer playing custom games. Long story short, I got bored one day and decided to whip my slack flabby ass into shape. I found Nerd Fitness when googling how to do pushups correctly. I am somewhat of a slacker and don't keep up with some of the manlier workout plans which require a gym...so bodyweight exercises are probably the way to go for me until I man up. The community is the main reason I joined - having the support of fellow nerds, or former nerds here should push me a little harder. Don't go easy on me if I slack!

statistics

Weight: 123 pounds

Height: 5.64 feet

Max pushups: 20-25 I don't know if its due to bad form, lack of motivation, bad diet or bad sleep habits, but it varies a lot from time to time.

Max pullups: 1, and I'm not even sure if I'm doing it with good form :redface:

Squats: 30

Plank: up to a minute.

Tried joining a 5km run - ended up with a terribad finishing time of 40 minutes.

current workout plan:

modified beginner's body weight workout 

30 squats

20 pushups 

20 walking lunges

8 dumbbell rows

*currently using a bag of books as my dumbbell. Adding more books if I can lift the darn thing more than 8 times.

45 second plank

30 jumping jacks

-1 day rest-

modified beginner's body weight workout

current goals:

10% higher weight/reps each workout (not working out very well. need to clean up my diet/sleep habits I guess, Been stuck at 20 pushups since a month ago without any noticeable increase in strength)

final goals (will upgrade once I reach my target):

100 consecutive pushups & the variations...maybe if i really good I'll do 100 burpees in a row

20 pullups

100kg/220lb deadlift

10km run within 40 minutes.

Welcome! Now I feel that I need to go look for cows. Question about your stats - was it your first 5k run? Had you trained for it? If not, that's not too too terrible. Goals look good - so good luck!

Level 2 Human Druid

3.375 STR / 1.375 DEX / 0 STA / 2 CON / 3.75 WIS / 1 CHA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Introduction - Daily Battle Log - Challenges 1 - Current