Forums are back in action! ×

I'm  James and I'm trying to get my life back on track.  I used to be about  110 pounds and 6 feet tall, I'm now about 190pounds  and its all fat (gained it all in about 6 months). if you want to try and put on weight in a healthy fashion  the Taco bell, Domino's, Mc Donald's diet is that last thing you want to do :-p (however you will grow a gut)

I'm a computer Nerd, so I don't really ever have to get up. I have zero stamina and even though I'm not really "Fat" I'm utterly out of shape. I've tried working out by going to the gym and doing basic exercise's but it was so boring,  considering all of my friends are out of state or online and they have no intention of trying to get in shape so I don't really have any kind of support group, which is one reason why I joined this forum.

Goals:  

1:Go back down to about 150-160 pounds and tone up muscle 

(going to try a protein heavy version on the Paleo diet (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/)   i'm also going to try swimming and some type of sport along with some weight training...if i can stick to the weights that is.

2: Meet some people with some of the same goals.

I'm not sure what else to put here, even as a computer nerd I never really wrote much on forums just read them.

Hello, Mr. Donut (hee hee). I don't usually talk to my food, but I'll make an exception tonight. Especially as you are not actually a donut (I hope). The fast food diet - GREAT for putting on the pounds. But yes, not exactly healthy.

Swimming is great exercise and a lot of fun. What sort of weight training are you considering? I liked the look of the AngryBirds workout on the blog.

Have you started a daily battle log yet? That's how I'm tracking my progress until the next challenge starts. Good luck!

Level 2 Human Druid

3.375 STR / 1.375 DEX / 0 STA / 2 CON / 3.75 WIS / 1 CHA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Introduction - Daily Battle Log - Challenges 1 - Current