Forums are back in action! ×

Raidne, A Reintroduction

You know that feeling in your stomach that you get when your FPS start to crawl and your character is bald, even though they shouldn't be, and you can almost feel the eminence of CTD.   And then you realize you haven't saved in quite some time because you were off killing a mighty dragon...or even 10 sewer rats.

Yep.  I forgot to save. And got a full on CTD.  And really, sometimes on NF, you contemplate if DID - could I reset my log in, get a new name, and stealthily just sneak back into the thick of things.

Last time I was here, I'd successfully made it to Level 2.  And then, in the middle of my second challenge, the wheels came off.  And went in 4 different directions.  So, I was stuck in the middle of a highway with no wagon wheels, a dead horse, bandits coming the north, flame atronachs approaching from the south, and a dragon circling overhead.  

I tried hiding in another fitness message boards.  Then I realized, they shunned me for my nerd-like approach to fitness. Okay, not really shunned... it was more like trying to explain 4d20 to the Cheer Captain*.  I just got a lot of heads cocked to the side in confusion. 

Then, I got sucked into FOUR different groups on Facebook.  And do you know what I learned about Facebook Groups?   Most of them just make me really angry.  Like hulk smash angry.

So, last night as I sat on my loveseat, half watching Big Bang Theory re-runs and chasing down an Elder Scroll (for the umpteenth playthrough,) I started thinking about my fitness level.  And how it's dwindling with my lack of activity lately.

And, then I knew, I needed to head home.  Not back to my cosy, little estate in Falkreath...back to Nerd Fitness.  And, I didn't need to create a fake email account to create a new persona** here.  I just needed to come in, give my Mea Culpa, look to see when the next challenge starts, and start planning for that.  

Yeah, so, I'm sorry I was unfaithful, NF.  It won't happen again. 

* Yes, some cheer captains are nerds and would get 4d20 references, I was going with a stereotype picture in your head.
**  That being said, I have reset my attributes to Level 0.  So essentially starting over.  I need to spend a few weeks as a Level 0 commoner.  It'll make Level 50 that much sweeter.

(Yes, I play Skyrim still.  I'm counting the days to Dragon Age Inquisition.  And for those that don't know:  FPS = Frames Per Second; CTD = Crash to Desktop; DID = Dead is Dead)

Level 0, Rebel, Agency Recuit 
STR: 0  |  DEX: 0  |  STA: 0  |  CON: 0  |  WIS: 0  |  CHA: 0
Battle Log:  Metamorphosis

Welcome back to the fold!  We're glad you're home.  :peaceful:   Let me hold your horse as you climb back on to start again - and remember, it's not about one success or failure, it's the courage to continue that counts. 

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991