Forums are back in action! ×

Sub 200

Greetings fellow Rebels. I've been a long time lurker, but today I just had to come out of the shadows and join all of you amazing people.

My story is so similar to those of you kind (and bold) enough to share. At some point between college and kids my weight ballooned.  I was given to long hours of riding a desk at my job, and although I tried to eat healthy and be active, I didn’t make it a priority in my life.  Last year, as one of my amazing sons sat next to me whilst I mindlessly munched chips and watched TV, he poked my stomach and simply said, “Dad, you’re fat aren’t you?† "Yes", was all I could say.  It was a moment of honesty that served as my wakeup call.  I spent a very sleepless night ruminating about my family history of diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis, and what that meant for me, my wife, and my two sons. 

At the time I weighed 245 with a 44 inch waist and a 5’7†frame.  Long story short, it’s been just over a year since that moment.    This morning I stepped on the scale, and my weight didn’t start with a 2.  This morning I weighed 199.8 lbs!!

I know weight isn’t the only metric of health.  As a wannabe Rebel, I’ve worked extremely hard to discipline my mind as well as my body.  It started with positive thought which lead to a healthy kitchen, where I’ve now become the family chef, planning and prepping all our meals (now adhering to a paleo diet), and continued in the gym where I recently set new PBs for bench (265), squat (315) and deads (345).  It’s been an amazing journey, and one I look forward to continuing with my wife and sons, and especially my fellow Rebels.

Long live the Rebellion!!

You've only 3 choices in life: Give up; give in; or give it all you have.

Whoa!  Loss of 45 lbs and massive weight-lifting numbers!  Fantastic!  Thanks for inspiring the rest of us! :nevreness:

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991