Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and salutations everyone, Maters here.

So my partner has been doing the Nerd Fitness thing for a bit and is losing weight, and since I need to lose some myself I'm here to give it a go.  I'm doing all sorts of things to live healthier but the weight and nutrition thing are something of a struggle.

So a little about me:

I'm 42, need to lose about 40 pounds and I'm a recovering alcoholic.  Yes, I did lose some weight when I stopped drinking ... but then put it back on because I was eating my pain. :nonchalance: I've been sober just over five months.  If there are others here in recovery or have a partner who is in recovery ... please feel free to reach out to me.  I am happy to listen or talk and help anyway I can.

I meditate twice daily, both for healthy mind and body.  I am trying to eat less meat and less grain.  But I am not giving up meat altogether.  Until recently, I had been a fairly active runner.  I was training for a half marathon and then developed plantar faciitis.  I also pulled the muscles in my shoulder on a rowing machine.  So, I'm now trying to pull myself back together to get back to the running I love ... I'm also stridently avoiding workout machines. :panda:

I HATE the gym.  I much prefer to go for a long, brisk walk or run through my neighborhood than to endure the monotony of a treadmill.  I am also somewhat phobic of weights.  I am hoping to incorporate some lifting into my workouts to help strengthen some weak muscles.  But mostly, I want to focus on getting back to running so I can accomplish my goal of running a half marathon.

Glad to be here!

XOXO

Maters

Happy, joyous and free :pride: