Forums are back in action! ×

tabata protocol!!

i've been working up to it for some time now, and i'm finally able to do the standard tabata protocol of 8 rounds of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest with my sprints! maybe a small woot compared to some others out there, but it's the first time i've ever seen such a huge improvement in anything sport-related in myself. so, yay! i'm turning into an athletic girl!

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

That is awesome! I have never tried a tabata workout, but I have read about them and they sound tough. Nice work!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Small woot?!  Girl, if you've read Steve's post on the tabata workouts, you know that's a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!  The following is a quote from his post, emphasis mine.

"You might think you can survive a measly 4 minutes; however, if you’re not in great shape, Tabata workouts are probably too intense.  If you’re just starting out with fitness and looking to work your way up to Tabata, start with regular interval training first until you’re ready.  Then, mix in some Tabata by starting with only 2 minutes of exercise (4 sets of intervals) and work your way up to 8.  Concentrate on safely going all out so you don’t pull a hamstring or hurt yourself.  Remember, this was developed for Olympians, and at the end of 4 minutes it left them lying on the floor.  It will take both physical and mental strength to get through these routines on a consistent basis."

Lady, you are kicking some serious fitness tooshie when you finish a tabata workout.  Major kudos to you!

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

aw, thanks you guys! i was seriously needing a pickmeup today to get re-motivated in my workout, and then i read this. perfect timing.  : ]
now, i'm off to punch out a quick HIIT session. :D for the revolution!

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8