Forums are back in action! ×

Why, it's Adventure Time, of course. Venturing into new territory here on Nerd Fitness.

Hi. I'm Nikki. I have been on my fitness journey for about a year and a half now. I regularly use a calorie counting website and a group discussion board on FB for my gym/trainers but I haven't actually had much experience on other fitness related sites, so I'm jumping right in.

So far, I've lost 43lbs. I've lowered my bodyfat from an all-time high of 48% to 24% and I'm hoping to keep going until I reach a level of fitness I've previously never seen/felt/touched the surface of before. I workout 3+ times a week in a CrossFit style workout which varies from session to session. I love Kettlebells and I hope to get a training certification for them in the near future.

This feels like an essay, but I'mma keep going.

I'm originally from the UK, but moved to the US and I have two wonderful children who are my inspiration.

Hoping to really ramp up my training this coming week (kids go back to school, yo) and I hope I can make some friends here to keep me accountable.

/flails

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Welcome to you too!  I had to come and check out your intro after you commented on mine.  

I have to say, I am already so impressed by your progress- you are killing it!  I'm hoping to work towards a crossfit type of routine once I am in a little better shape, but it seems intimidating to start.  Do you just do crossfit style workouts on your own or do you do to that type of a gym for it?  

Enjoy that back to school time!  ;)

Level 1 Humanoid Rogue Bard, (Lone) Ranger 

...Not all those who Ranger are lost... 

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 2

"Experiment is the mother of knowledge." ~Madeline L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time

I'm not sure how branded CrossFit style gyms are, but there are moves that suit every body type/size for the gym I attend. If you want to make a workout at home, just look up 'tabata' workouts. I usually do those kind at home with dumbbells and take advantage of kettlebells and TRX and box-jumps, etc for when I'm at the gym. I'd like to try a CrossFit gym eventually because I love the concept of the barbell. And doing a pull-up? Man, that would make me feel like a freakin' superhero. XD

Don't be intimidated! Everything has a beginner move and an advanced move and as you get more and more proficient at each, you'll find you have even more moves to keep you moving!

Hi there!

I'm intrigued by kettlebells. I just got one and have been using it a bit with exercises I've seen here on NF. I love the simplicity, yet effectiveness of it. :)

Also, kudos to you for making progress with a calorie counter! Good job! I've tried Richard Simmons checkbook style one a long time ago, and an android app more recnetly, but can't seem to get into it.

CactusWren

progress thread

I started off on MyFitnessPal and that's where I chose to stay. I gave SparkPeople a try a while back but honestly, the customization options were overwhelming and the pretty flashy badges and trophies and such got to be really off-putting. I've logged 500+ days on MFP, it's really easy to use and a mobile app isn't half bad!

Kettlebells are awesome. Like, super awesome.

Welcome Ceasefire.  Congrats on the fat loss so far.  It's incredible what you've already done.  Nice going :)

You're going to make great friends here - trust me some of my closest friends were met on NF (and i'm sure you could find plenty of similar stories around here). It's just so nice having people understand how you feel when you're feeling it and going through the same thing as you.  CF is a big thing here (like Paleo and Heavy Lifting) so i'm sure you'll find plenty of kindred spirits.

Good luck and again, welcome.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge