Forums are back in action! ×

Getting started, and excited about it!

Hello, folks! I go by Meteoric. I'm a math tutor (I want to teach high school, working on my degree and then credential), gamer, and certified nerd.

For the last couple months I've been working on building some better habits and generally improving myself, and a little over a week ago this happened to lead me to several fitness sites, including this one. I'd started to get serious about fitness, but Leangains and Stronglifts really made an impression on me, and I started the Stronglifts 5x5 program the very next day. Later I explored more here, and am hoping/planning to get involved in the community for fun, learning, and accountability.

I'm looking to lose some weight, gain some muscle, and be all-around a better version of myself. I've also started attempting paleo recipes, like the moussaka I made tonight:

photo_zpsf95981d0.jpg

(I made several rookie mistakes in preparing it, but still, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Mmmm.)

So, hello, I look forward to sharing these boards with all of you!

You can't push your limits without touching them.

Battle Log

Hey Meteoric - welcome!

Wow. Result on the moussaka. I guess as a mathematician you probably got all the measurements right. I'm a writer/artist so my cooking's more along the lines of a little bit of this....and a little bit of that...and a bit of whatever this is...oh no wait oops that's for my art.... :P 

Glad you're here and best of luck with your journey. Let us know how you get on.

Very best.

Jay, I feel you, with a Lit degree my cooking tends to be more artsy too, and sometimes is just black when I get caught in a book and forget I'm cooking.. whoops! Meteoric, the food looks great and I'm thrilled you came to this awsome place called NF. We are super glad to have you! PS. I'm ok with you sharing more food, because that looks amazing and makes me want to cook healthy, yummmmm

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log