Forums are back in action! ×

Time to stop yo-yo-ing.

While I've never been much of an RPG-er, this site makes me happy to my (admittedly kind of weak so far) core. I tend to set goals for myself, but then struggle to follow through. I hope that "gaming" the goals will, if not make things easier, then at least strengthen my resolve and remind me in my weaker moments what I'm fighting for.

What am I fighting for? To finally stop yo-yo-ing in my weight. To get strong. To run a (half and then a full) marathon.

Specific goals? I'd like to drop 20 lbs by the end of the year. I'd like to run a half marathon in November. I don't need to win any medals; I'd just like to complete the thing, running The. Whole. Time. And I want to be strong like Wonder Woman. First and specifically, I'd like to be able to do a pull up for probably the first time in my entire life. I maybe did one on a Presidential Fitness Test when I was like in 7th grade, but I could have made that up in my mind....

What do I bring to the table? I am a cheerleader to the point where I worry about it being obnoxious. I know that sometimes, some people don't want cheering; they just want an empathetic ear to listen (eyes to read?). I tend to offer encouragement and optimism because I often look on the bright side myself, and I forget sometimes that that's not what everyone needs. Too much sun can burn. So I'll offer encouragement, and if you need to tell me to tone it down a notch, I will not be offended.

That being said, thanks for reading and good luck on your own quests! I look forward to stepping into the next 6-week challenge and leveling up my life!

~claysad

Current Challenge

Dwarf | Adventurer | Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

"And we will be the stars we were always meant to be." Kelly Sue Deconnick, via Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel

Hi claysad. Just dropping by to say thanks for the add on FitBit, and good luck levelling up your life!

Cool goals. You gonna make some changes before the next challenge starts? No time like the present  :playful:

Good luck in your journey, and keep stepping  :lemo:

SkullHands - Level 0 Shape-Shifter

[sTR 0] [DEX 0] [sTA 0] [CON 0] [WIS 0] [CHA 0]

FitBit Profile | Zombies, Run! | Epic Quest: TBC

First Challenge: Shape-shifting 101

Accountibilibuddies: The First Timers