Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there,

My name is Emily and I'm a nursing student from Detroit, Michigan. 

On September 1st, I started going 100% Paleo.  This was after research and much inspiration from Nerd Fitness.  I decided to start making changes because I am too young to have health issues (migraines-mainly) and, of course, I want to look and feel healthy! The same day I started Paleo (aka went cold turkey from all grains, dairy, sugars, starches) I also started the Beginner's body weight workout.  It has been two days and I have not been able to move a muscle, I am so sore!  I can't believe how out of shape I was.  I'm don't normally feel this sore and out of it after a workout, so I'm wondering if it is part of the "low carb flu" that I've read about? (you know, when you stop eating carbs and your body gets angry at you for a week?) If anyone knows much about this or any tips regarding Paleo or beginning workouts, please feel free to share!

My reward after a trial of Paleo is my 21st birthday on September 27th! I have waited 21 years to have my first alcoholic beverage and I'm pretty excited for that to happen.  I imagine there will be a nice dinner somewhere in there.

I have a feeling these diet and exercise changes are really going to turn my life around.  I'm hoping that in the next 15-20 years I'll be a bride or maybe even a mom.  I think now is a great time to start working on myself so that I can be healthy for my future.  I can't wait.  I look forward to getting to know some of you and supporting each other towards our goals.  

May the odds be ever in your favor,

Emily

welcome to the rebellion!

nice to meet you :)

I am a nurse in intensive care so if you have any questions let me know :) I come from the "other side of the lake" (Michigan City, Indiana) but I am currently in Virginia :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move