Forums are back in action! ×

"This is not gonna' be pretty. We're talkin' violence, strong language, adult content."

Hello my name is Adam / Buffangel I am 29 years old, I live in North Wales and I suck at exercise.

I have spent the past ten years living like i am still a teenager and i can get away with eating anything. This is no longer the case. I have a wife called Sian and a little boy called Jim (no his middle name is not Tiberius), who I have been putting before my physical shape for the past 18 months. I know I need to make changes, and I found this website after seeing pictures of Julia Vins on the web, which led me to the post about Staci and her amazing transformation. 

I am not overly concerned about my weight, I am about 11 stone and 5 foot 10 tall, but i do want my weight moved around to better places. Specifically my goal is to build bigger arms so i can carry Jim around freely and do all the jobs around the house. 

I spent a lot of time yesterday reading the 2 introduction pdf's and I have done my weekly shop this morning based on the Paleo diet. I am aware i need to take things slowly so that i don't get discouraged, but i could definitely do with some pointers. I am thinking of doing my exercises after work and before i head home each day, so at about 5pm, this means I won't get sucked into doing other things and putting the exercise off. 

Is there a good exercise for a complete noob who wants to build arm strength?

Oh yes my topic title quote is based on my physical and mental antipathy towards physical exertion for a greater benefit. And Buffy of course :)

Welcome :)

Great that you are making a start, you could try the Angry Birds workout

The next 6 week challenge starts on Monday, you should join that.

Good luck with Paleo, in my experience starting small, around 50% Paleo and working up is a good strategy. If you go full bore right away you might get carb flu for a few days so be prepared to feel a bit crook I'm told it does pass. (I haven't gone 100% yet).

Good luck!

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge