Forums are back in action! ×

My Transformation

Hello fellow rebels,

My name is Jamin (pronounced Jay-men) and I have recently joined the rebellion. My story goes back nearly a year ago at college. Many things have changed since then, for better or worse but the one thing I pride myself most in those dark days was the choice to begin losing weight. I started at a hefty 297 pounds. Little by little I began to research and study all things fitness that I possibly could and I probably discovered Nerd Fitness more than once. By the end of my first semester I had lost 20 pounds and was feeling good about my steady weight loss. Only until I discovered the Paleo diet did I really began to drop weight however. Since January I have lost nearly 60 more pounds. I currently weigh between 215 and 220, I have begun to care less about my weight and more about my body composition and sizes. A few weeks ago I rediscovered Nerd Fitness and decided to finally join the rebellion, after all for life is a big commitment, I had to make sure I was ready. I decided to travel the humble path of the Monk and just yesterday I joined a local MMA gym and began taking boxing classes. The path lays before me clearer than ever and I am prepared to begin my humble journey. I look forward to meeting many new friends and of course above all else "For the Rebellion!"

This is me at 297:

post-21633-0-63930000-1378567843_thumb.j

This is me about three months ago:

post-21633-0-92561400-1378567847_thumb.j

And this is me now:

post-21633-0-72313700-1378567851_thumb.j

Hey Jamin - welcome! And congrats on the success thus far - that's quite a transformation already and you must be very proud of yourself for doing this. Rightly so! :)

'I have begun to care less about my weight and more about my body composition and sizes.'

Yeah that's what we're talking about - it means you've taken it that step further and you're in the right place to be getting any support you need to do it. Keep us updated!

Very best :D