Forums are back in action! ×

Mastermind group to build a dream body in one year!

Hey guys,

I love fitness. I run every day and swim six times a week. But like everyone else I'm not as happy with my body as I know I could be. I know my mastermind group that is about business have added soo much value and I know the epic power of having a dedicated group of people having a single definite goal and pushing each other to greatness. 

That's way I want to start this new mastermind group that is about building the dream body. Our goal will be that under one year empower each other to build an athletic body. A body that we all want to have, but lack the motivation, discipline or knowledge to build. And even if you have all those thing, it's still great doing it together.

The purpose of the group: To build a athletic looking body over a period of one year, without using drugs or any damaging substances.

Some Starting Guidelines
Group size: 3-4 people. (keep it personal)
Meet once a week on Skype or a google hangout.
Below 35 years.
At least one girl to get a different perspective.
Need to make a before pic and show it to the group.

Do a pic every two weeks and show of progress.

If you are interested, type below a little about yourself and your goals.

blee.jpg

So I guess I start :)

hey I am Mateusz and I live in Sweden, Stockholm. I started to go to the gym when I was 15 and I have trained regularly since then. Under this two year I have traveled the world and mostly give up on everything to do with strength training. I run every day and swim a lot, but looking at my strength now, I ask what happen. 

I'm 20 now and I have really improved my diet since I come back from my time aboard. Fastfood and sugar is not any more part of my diet anymore.  I eat today beans and veggies to breakfast. So having my diet under control I want to give new shot to build a great body. 

My goal is to transform my body and rebuild my strength. I want to do the The 300 Workout under 20 minutes, this time next year.

So... you want to use a timed "challenge" to work towards a set list of physical goals.

You probably want to pool your knowledge somewhere as well, say in a forum or a knowledge base where you could reference it later. 

Maybe you'd like to break down these goals into sub groups, just in case your definition of "athletic" (say, Michael Phelps) differs from my definition of "athletic"(say, Dmitry Klokov). 

You obviously want a group of people that you can share ideas with and rely on for support, a community, if you will. 

Sounds like you want exactly what we do all year round here on NerdFitness. Welcome to the party.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Hey seth :D

I should maybe have explain more about what mastermind group is hehe. A mastermind group is a group of people that meet once a week to help each other to succeed. I'm part of a business mastermind where we meet every monday over skype. We talk about our successes and failures and things we could have done better. At the end we set new goals and try to achieve them until next week.

So my goal is to get together a group of people and create a mastermind group about fitness. If that sound interesting, just PM me or write replay here and tell a little about yourself. :D

Could I join in? I'm a girl, 24 years old.

I am from Spain and I've started doing exercise about a year ago (18 months). My goal is the same as you, but I'm a bit far. I lost my self-esteem 3-4 months ago and I throw away a huge amount of my past efforts, but I've decided that is enough indulgence and I'm decided to be better than before.

By the way, welcome to nerdfitness!

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

If you'd like to keep track of your grouping, why don't you make a thread together with the other Accountabilibuddies.

Hey Seth,

yee Accountabilibuddies are great and I know about it. A mastermind group is like a step further where you not only keep goals, but you also share ideas, get to know each other and just try to exceed together.  

Here I found a great definition: http://www.thesuccessalliance.com/what-is-a-mastermind-group.html