Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow nerds!

I'm also a newbie to this whole Nerd Fitness thing but after being constantly reminded of how fun it can be by Anne ;) I've decided to give it a try. I'm still trying to narrow down fitness and life goals but I'd really like to just start eating healthier and cut out most breads from my diet. I'd also be nice to build up some kind of endurance so I can run for more than half a mile without feeling so tired! I really liked the whole "exercise for fun" aspect of Steve'e rules so finding an exercise that makes me excited to work out would be great!

Wish me luck! Can't wait to get to know you all better :)

- Rachel

Welcome to the Rebellion!

I really liked the whole "exercise for fun" aspect of Steve'e rules so finding an exercise that makes me excited to work out would be great!

This has honestly been the most important thing for me in trying to get healthier and fitter: I discovered a fitness regimen that I couldn't WAIT to do every day. I've never before had the experience of being genuinely excited to exercise; for years I saw exercise as an obligation, something I should do because it was good for me and so I wouldn't get fat. It's been tons easier for me to stick to my fitness goals now that I WANT to be in the gym pretty much all the time. I don't know what it will be for you, but play around with different types of exercise until you find something that you can't wait to come back to.