Forums are back in action! ×

Jack of all Trades...still ain't that jacked

Greetings! I'm Ymmnir of Klaoud

according to my character sheet I am:

Ymmnir of Klaoud, level 1 blob assassin
STR 4|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 3

I love getting into many things and trying out new and exciting activities!

I have played, trained or tried a lot of sports and physical activities in my lifetime...and still looking for more.

Trained as basketball varsity during elementary

Fencing (Foil) varsity high school to college

Got into Capoeira Angola and Arnis

Jazz and Street dance

(sound much like a fad but...) Zumba addict

I've been lacto-ovo vegetarian for 5 years now

All this and that...but

I've been struggling with weight, stuck in the same weight since forever. Even after being vegetarian (my reason for it was not about weight but animal related) i lost some pounds but gained them back, and still looked and felt overweight but in a different way.

Not intelligent with nutrition (and with that sometimes I feel sluggish...hence the blob!)

Lacks consistency and a driving force

I like the idea of fitness as something that is supposed to be natural, something that we truly are but then along the way

bad choices and habits came to play and hid our happy, healthy, strong selves.

I just want to meet the Jack inside of me and hopefully introduce her to all of you someday as well.

looking forward to questing!

<3

Want to get to know my strong self  :redface: 

Welcome! I have a hard time with animal treatment too. I have been all along the spectrum of eating and am currently attempting paleoish. I will only eat local meat that I know has been raised without torture, and have cut out flour so far. I'm still adjusting to the lack of carbs. I just saw a video today (posted on facebook NF thread) about changing what we think we know about type 2 diabetes and metabolic insulin resistance (i think that's what it was called). It was a TED talk. You might be interested in it, especally if you gained weight while vegetarian and eating healthy. Glad to have you here! :)

You won't regret doing that workout, but you may regret not doing it. So get your butt in gear and get to it!

Starting Weight: 190 lbs Current Weight: 175 lbs   Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Krunchy's Battle Log           Challenge 1

Welcome! I'm super impressed that you have fencing experience. I've always wanted to learn to fence. And, hey, ZUMBA is great! I'm a classically trained dancer, I taught a lot of years of dance, I've competed and all that, and I still love me a good Zumba class! The most effective tool to getting in shape is to do something that you enjoy. Sometimes I lift weights, sometimes I yoga, sometimes I Zumba. Don't be ashamed, you're up and moving and that counts for a lot, even if Zumba is a fad.

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log