Forums are back in action! ×

Enter, stranger

Hey guys,

I'm arangast, a 29 year old programmer and Brit from the north who now lives "down south".  Been watching the rebellion happen for a while now and decided it's time to dive in.

I used to be in reasonable shape but due to a series of unfortunate events several years ago I've been battling depression and the lack of energy / willpower / motivation that comes with it for some time.  I also have a long commute and a young child so I'm pretty time limited, but I'm hoping to get myself fit and healthy again with a bit of help...

I'm only about 7lbs heavier than I was before however I've lost a fair amount of muscle and gained a bit more around the waist than I'd like.  I'm still trying to figure out what my immediate goals shall be but hopefully can find a path before the next challenge starts.  Right now I'm giving the 666 bodyweight workout a go but trying to decide whether or not to join my local gym (did stronglifts for a while many years ago).  Unfortunately high-impact stuff such as running is out due to a troublesome knee.

I'm a born and bred gamer who's lapsed a bit since meeting my wife, but recently I've finished Dishonored (great game but not quite the Thief homage I'd hoped for) and now working through Tomb Raider and Rome II, and waiting and waiting for that android release of Baldur's Gate EE.  I'm also into photography and recently woodworking (when I find the time), and hoping to embrace my inner geek a bit more too as I've been far too serious of late.

Looking forward to fighting the good fight with you all!

Dovahkiin Ranger Level 0: 0 STR, 0 DEX, 0 STA, 0 CON, 0 WIS, 0 CHA - yey!

A Sinister Battle Log

The Current Challenge: Arangast's Awakening