Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from South Africa

So as you can tell im from south africa,

Been on the bigger side most of my teenage and adult life, had a big life shock about 2 weeks ago, been very down and depressed so sat and thought about things, had a long hard look at myself and i knew it was time for change ! as of Tuesday the 10th Sep, i decided to start getting into shape, slowly but surely, i know its not an over night thing. Why start on a Tuesday ? If i decided to wait till the following monday i knew i would find an excues and talk myself out of it.

So my goal at the moment is to drop my bodyfat% want to drop it by around 15-20%.

Came across this site today just looking at fitness and diets and find it very motivational and want to have a good look into the Paleo diet.

Hey welcome fellow saffer.  Our numbers are growing....muhahahahhaha!!

Where in the fair country do you hail from? I'm from Cape Town - the first saffer (and currently the only active capetonian) but one of many here on the boards so we're super happy to have you with us.  You'll find tons of motivation, ideas, diets and goodies here on NF.  And you'll even make some amazing friends.

If it's ok to know, what was the shock you suffered 2 weeks ago?

Also congratulations on making that first step towards a healthier lifestyle.  We're starting a new 6 week challenge this upcoming Monday and if you're keen why don't you join.  The boards will go up in the next few hours no doubt.  Also drop me a line any time you need anything NF related. I'm around :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Nog een. Een van die dae kan ons die plek oorneem.

Nice to see you here. Lots of nice people here.

And Tuesday is a good day to start.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Awesome thanks man. Im on the opposite coast :tongue: in Durban.

Whats the 6 week challenge all about ? A challenge sounds good !

Basically it's a 6 week period that you work on 3 - 4 specific quests in your health/fitness/diet/life etc.  If you click on the current challenge link in my signature, you can read about my last challenge, but you really only need to read the very first post to figure it out.  Otherwise at the bottom of the forum thread you will notice a board called Challenges and you can pop into any of those threads there to read up about it (the Adventurers have a HQ post that gives a pretty comprehensive description of setting up a challenge - i would know i created it ;) ).

And yay for Durban - it's personally a little too hot for me, but it's still pretty and sunny :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge