Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy NF Rebellion!

Howdy everyone!

I've been reading Steve's blogs for a couple months now and have finally decided to join in on the action on leveling up, as well as hopefully gaining my own Jedi Council or Fellowship to support me on this trek.

As for me:

My name is Jennings, and before anyone asks, that is my first name (it's a family name).  I'm in my 20's and I currently go to Texas A&M University (Whoop to all my fellow Ags!) and am also in the Fightin' Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets.

I'm about 6'2" and at around 180 lbs. Tall with just bit of muscle.

Being in a senior military program, we normally do "PT" about three times a week, but the workouts aren't always that great, so I'm looking to do a lot more exercising outside of the PT sessions.

Currently...

I'm about to start marathon training for the Bataan Memorial Death March within the next week.

I'm also starting my trek to Mordor

Lastly, I'm looking to just simply start lifting to gain some more muscle, but I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff. (Hence why I'm here.)

I'm really excited for the upcoming 6 week challenge and am hoping that all the reading and listening I'll receive from the blogs and your comments will help get me where I want to be. Ideas for improvement and accountabilibuddies are definitely something I need, because I can't do this journey alone.

So as I start this epic quest of fitness improvement there's no looking back and I hope to help some of you on the way!

Level 0 Half-Elf

Str 0 | Dex 0 | Sta 0 | Con 0 | Wis 0 | Cha 0

Welcome to the Rebellion!

The Memorial Death March looks amazing.  Will you be going 'heavy' or 'light'?

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

Welcome to the Rebellion!

The Memorial Death March looks amazing.  Will you be going 'heavy' or 'light'?

I hoping to do team heavy, but here at school there is a team that you train with and they choose which team I get put on, so I think that'll be even more motivation to work hard and get my running skills up.

Welcome to NF! Happy lifting and good luck with everything

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Howdy!

It sounds like you've got a good start, and you're fortunate to have good facilities to work with, so this should be eminently doable for you. Your biggest problem may be the dining hall :)

Set yourself some sensible goals, and you'll go far.

Chris

FTAC '97

You're right, the Rec here is fantastic, but the food at Duncan isn't so much.  They just renovated Duncan, so it's a bit better, so I'm doing the best I can with what I'm given.

What outfit were you in back in '97?

Level 0 Half-Elf

Str 0 | Dex 0 | Sta 0 | Con 0 | Wis 0 | Cha 0