Forums are back in action! ×

I'm 39 yr old female and my goal is to lose weight and get fit by the time I'm forty(Jan 2014). I'm a 5'0", 180 lbs, married with 2 kids and have a full-time job.  I started this year(January) with that same goal and made no real progress. Bought a treadmill back in March and walked several times a week on it but didn't pay attention to diet.

Found NerdFitness back in August and started doing the Beginner Bodyweight Workout 3x week and walk/run intervals on the treadmill 2x/week. I decided I need a little more structure to my workout plan so I bought the Rebel Fitness guide and started Rooke Level 1 workouts this week. So far so good. I also started tracking my calories and workouts at sparkpeople this week and am trying the Paleo diet ideas. Not very strict about it but definately limiting the grains/sugars while focusing on the protein, veggies, and fruits.

I've done Weight Watchers in the past and lost 50 lbs, only to put it all back on again so I'm hoping to change my lifestyle instead of just "dieting" this time. It's definately gonna be hard with 2 kids and a husband, but I'm also hoping to slowly introduce my diet/exercise changes into their lifestyle as well.

I'm super excited about this plan and hope I can stick with it. I'm a total nerd about learning something new so I research things to death but I tend to get lazy and loose focus after a few weeks. I'm on my third week of waking up early(5:30) to get a workout in so I'm hoping this time it will stick.  I've actually been excited to wakeup early and do my workouts this last week!

I'm a total SciFi nerd (Star Wars Original Triology, Star Trek, Stargate, etc) and have been educated by my husband about all things LOTR, Marvel, and DC.  Not much of a gamer anymore because I have to fight off the kids and husband for my turn at the Wii, Xbox or PC.  Although I'm the one they run to when maintenance and repair is needed so they can play their games again.

Wish me luck!

Gig' Em!

deeann96

P.S. I'm a proud member of the Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 1996!  Whoop!  BTHO Alabama!

My goal is to be 'Fit by Forty'

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  

Philippians 4:13

Battle Log | 1st Challenge | 2nd Challenge

Fitocracy

Good luck! :)

I'm also working out with a friend who wants to be "Fit by 50", which also falls in January.  This is her first time lifting so it's exciting to see her progress.

I think the tracking was the single best thing I ever did, and the most successful, with respect to getting your diet in order.  As I've read time and again on this site, 80-90% of this is diet.  You can't outrun a crappy diet.

We meet to do our workouts in the morning as well.  I feel so much more energy in the mornings now! 

Keep at it!

My Dad recently lost a lot of weight after the age of 50, so any time is a good time to start.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that we can help you reach your goal.

Also, why no mention of Battlestar Galactica?

Meh - Battlestar Galactica. I was a fan of the original show in all its cheesy sci-fi glory(my brother even had action figures) and watched the "new" one for a few seasons but lost interest.  I guess it wasn't my cup of tea.  Although I do like Katee Sackhoff. 

My goal is to be 'Fit by Forty'

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  

Philippians 4:13

Battle Log | 1st Challenge | 2nd Challenge

Fitocracy