Forums are back in action! ×

[Georges] Accountability supports my goals.

This morning is starting out awesome.

Plan for tomorrow:
(FlyLady Babysteps)
 Get dressed first thing in the morning (after weigh in).
Read the daily plan on the flylady website (I added it to my morning bookmarks).
Use my Control Journal (I'll be altering it from what I used last time as I go along).
Check my thoughts/self-talk and make sure it's positive.

(Other stuff)
Coffee/Breakfast
Lifting Workout, sneak in some cardio if there's time.
Home/Wash up/Eat/Pack Lunch
Work
Home
Dinner/Netflix with Mr.Georges

Update here/make a plan for Thursday.

Weigh in: 159.5

A little low and hungry, but tonight's planned dinner is high calorie, so whatevers.

Workout went well, although I'm still conflicted about my Wednesday program (assisted pullups and back extensions instead of deadlifts, and leg abductor/adductor machine because those muscles don't seem to get worked enough with squats and running).  Added a 1-mile treadmill walk after.

Work continues to be stressful, but the end is in sight.

Other than that, a pretty quiet day, with just laundry and putting away dishes for housework.

Dinner was a planned deviation from healthy eating, and since it involved ChineseAmerican TakeAway, the mfp numbers are probably wildly inaccurate.

I've got my plan for tomorrow on a post-it on the cover of my proto-Control Journal (Flylady thing), and I'm heading to sleep.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

May 28, 2015 (yesterday)

Thursday

weigh in: 162.0?

(that's what I recorded, but I remember being upset that it jumped up, and that's not really a jump, so I may have written it down wrong?  thank goodness for trend lines.)

mfp was a bunch of wildassguesses again, thanks to the leftovers (more than half) of Wednesday dinner.  But I got veggies in during the other meals, so that's good.

Went for a run before work.  Plan was 3 easy miles, but as soon as I stepped outside I realized I needed to change that plan to Heat Management Plan: 2 miles as slow as I needed to feel good afterwards, which turned out to be quite slow.  But, I got it done, and that's a step toward acclimation to this soggy, soggy heat.

Work was miserable.  Can't get everything done that needs to get done before I leave.

Home, cleared a hotspot (computer desk), reminded myself that small steps work best so I should leave it at that, had dinner, re-wrote my morning and evening routines, got my morning workout clothes ready before bed.

Not a bad day, but I'll be happier when the stress levels drop (probably in Week 1, since next week is the 1st week of training at the new job.)

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.

May 29, 2015 (Editing until end of day?)

Friday

weigh in: 163.0

mfp is going back to accurate, now that the TakeAway food is gone.

Mfp: 82 cal over target, 95g protein, extra fiber, extra iron, 5 fruit&veg, no beer.

Lifted before work.  I got my 3x5 bench at 95 lbs.  :)  (The last two reps were pretty ugly, though, and the last rep in the second set I thought I was going to have to bail.  Try for a form PR next bench day.)

Work was showing my replacement stuff for a couple of hours, then slogging through all the crap I couldn't get done all week.  I didn't finish up everything I wanted to, and I feel bad for leaving stuff half-assed.  It's over, but I can't seem to unwind yet. 

Never really did, and ended up going to bed late because of it.

WorkErrands, home, cleared a hotspot (table next to compy desk, which somehow took 25 minutes to clear off), tried not to get discouraged by the rest of the house, checked what I have left to do today, and started tomorrow's plan.

Trying to figure out how to meet my macros and still have a beer...

Spoiler

-John Wooden

May 30, 2015

Saturday

Woke up late because of staying up too late because I couldn't unwind.

Weigh in: 161.0

Morning routine.

Long run: 10.6 miles, just under 14:00 pace, which is better than before.  Heat management went okay, even though I ran out of gatorade.

Then I got home and got the "working out is interfering with your life too much speech."

So, kind of a pissy day.  A bit depressed, and kind of resentful and angry.  I think the stress of switching jobs and the exhaustion of working instead of having a weekend last weekend interfered more with my productivity than working out did.

It's also pretty discouraging to get the "you're not doing enough" bit right when I'm trying to re-start FlyLady routines... her site is all "Go you! You're making progress!" and the dissonance is jarring.

Tomorrow is a visit to my family, maybe that will cheer me up.  Or maybe I'll just feel shitty about spending time with my parents instead of getting things done at the house.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

May 31st, 2015

(yesterday)

Sunday

For some reason, at least 6 times during the day, I found myself thinking it was Saturday.

Weigh in:  158.5lbs.  A little low because I didn't refuel well after my long run on Saturday.

Sat. mfp #s:  1310 under, only 50g protein, 72% fiber, 38% iron (out of cereal), 4 out of 5 fruits&veggies.

Sun mfp #s:  789 over, 90g protein, extra fiber, 76% iron (still out of cereal), not sure how many servings of fruit&veg... 3 or 4 if I count the sweet potato fries and the french fries as one each, and the marinara sauce as one-ish.  One, if I exclude junk food entirely.

While Sunday's #s are full of wild ass guesses, I'm not too worried about it on the day after a long run.

Visit with the family went well.  I found out that my uncle is planning to hike the AT southbound, starting in June... but didn't get enough details to plan to help him get to the northern end or even to meet up with him when he gets to Caratunk... I'll have to get more details from my dad this week.

I didn't spend Sunday dwelling on Saturday, but I did realize that while Mr.Georges is blaming workouts for something I think was caused by job-change-stress, I do need to level up my side of the homemaking.  And since that was already a Bye Weeks goal, I'll just keep on keeping on.

Anyway, that's my daily update.  I'm not disappearing, but if I'm not on for a few days, it's probably because my 2009 iMac is starting to get that known problem with the screen, and I don't have a soldering iron small enough to do electrical work.  I'm hoping to have a monitor cabled in before it dies, but I have to get the adapter and possibly fight with it a bit (I am not a hardware person).

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Bye Weeks Challenge Update

Quest One

50/50 Squats Challenge... sort of.

Result: 34 reps (+2, but I felt like the pause was too long to count them) on Monday, May 25. Cardio was definitely the first limiting factor.
I might try again on Friday, or I might wait until after the next challenge.

Quest Two

Flylady adaptation.

Going well, although yesterday was thrown off a bit (but not entirely) by travel. Jumping back in today, and hoping to be through the babysteps by the start of the 6 Week Challenge.

Quest Three
Even pro athletes deserve a bit of fun between seasons, so I want you to pick one thing that gives you unadulterated joy and do it or buy it.

Still haven't come up with anything for this, although I enjoyed some much needed retail therapy yesterday during my visit...

Spoiler

-John Wooden

June 1st, 2015 (yesterday)

Monday

Day off from new job

weigh in: 159.5 lbs

worked out, did some housework, walked some errands (3 miles worth), ate poorly

was a much needed day after driving too much on Sunday.

tried and failed to go to bed early.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

June 2, 2015 (yesterday)

Tuesday

First day really at new job.

I like the people, so that's a good start.  There's an awful lot I don't know yet, which is rough, because a lot of my job seems to be fielding client questions.

I've realized that the Bye Weeks gave me all the excuse I needed to derail my eating.  It needs to stop.

(weigh in was 162.0... but it's really more about how week I feel in my workouts, too.)

got in a short, slow 2-mile run (13:30ish pace).

I'll be happier when my schedule is sorted out - sleep has been off, and I can't build my routines as well as I'd like.  (They're not routine routines if I have to shuffle the times around every day.)

Also, I'm just plain ready for the energy/excitement of a new 6 week challenge.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 (yesterday)

Day off after one day at new job.

Weigh in: 164.0 lbs.

Eating and sleeping are still all over the place, but I got my strength workout in.

I failed on my bench press, and found out that the roll of shame is really uncomfortable.

Either I'm doing it wrong, or I really need safety bars before I increase the weight.

Walked to the store with Mr.Georges, puttered around the house a bit.

Low key day as I try to adjust to new job and keep new-job-anxiety reined in.

mfp: 149 over calorie goal, extra protein, fiber, and iron, probably about 3 servings of fruit/veg.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Weigh in: 163.0 lbs

Early work shift, so that was rough, but I learned quite a bit, so I'm feeling a smidge more confident?  Okay, not really.

Was going to run after work, but didn't really feel up to it.

I'm struggling this week, on almost everything.  Trying to pull it together before Monday's start to the 6 Week Challenge.

I started trying to schedule out my marathon run training after work today, and realized I can't plan anything with my schedule so uncertain.

I'm hoping it will settle into a regular schedule in a week or two.

For now, I'm just making sure I get my 3/wk strength workout in and trying to cram running in when I can... which means no long run this weekend.

I'll be doing my long run in the middle of next week (I don't have any days off until then).

mfp:  Lots of guesswork (didn't weigh roast chicken portions), but best guesses gave me 26 under target calories, extra protein, iron, fiber, and extra fruit/veg.

Still a bit hungry at 10 PM, but I think that's due to poor timing of eating, not quantities.

Plan for Friday:

Morning Routine

Strength workout

Prep for work

work (2-10pm)

run (edit for ambiguity of English language) wash & hang work laundry

possibly do other chores if I'm too wound up to sleep

PM Routine

Pulling it together for the start of the next challenge.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Hey, congrats on the new job!! Sorry I haven't checked in sooner

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Hey, congrats on the new job!! Sorry I haven't checked in sooner

Thanks!  :)

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Plan for Friday:

Morning Routine  check

Strength workout  check

Prep for work  check

work (2-10pm)  check

run (edit for ambiguity of English language) wash & hang work laundry check

possibly do other chores if I'm too wound up to sleep hahahah no.

PM Routine  check, mostly.

weigh in :162.0 lbs.

Managed to get to the bank (on the way to work, not on foot).

That was about it for the day.

mfp:  36 cal under target, extra protein, fiber, iron, probably between 3 and 4 fruit/veg. 

Apparently, I need to check portions on workplace food a bit better if I want good (accurate) numbers,

and get more veg at breakfast or after work.

Pulling it together for the start of the next challenge.

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Weigh in: 160.0 lbs.  I don't feel dehydrated, but I probably am.

Morning Routine went well, although I'm very much relying on lists so I don't forget anything.

Plan for the day:

Eat

Short Run (2 mile)

Wash up & Dress for work

work is 12- 8 today

home

laundry fold & putaway (assuming it's dry)

clear off the computer desk (again)

PM Routine

I hear I am doing well at work.  Of course, everything I hear is filtered, so who knows.

I feel like I'm struggling already to keep up with routines.  This is why I needed to re-start them.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Weigh in: 160.0 lbs.  I don't feel dehydrated, but I probably am.

Morning Routine went well, although I'm very much relying on lists so I don't forget anything.

Plan for the day:

Eat   check

Short Run (2 mile)  check, in 22:22, so 11:11pace (average.  I think I did negative split again!)

Wash up & Dress for work  check

work is 12- 8 today  check

home  check

laundry fold & putaway (assuming it's dry)  check

clear off the computer desk (again)  Instead, I washed and hung another load of laundry.

PM Routine  check

I hear I am doing well at work.  Of course, everything I hear is filtered, so who knows.

I feel like I'm struggling already to keep up with routines.  This is why I needed to re-start them.

So, yesterday went relatively well, although I need to stop using housework as an excuse not to do other housework.

There's no reason I couldn't have cleaned off this desk as well as doing laundry.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

weigh in: 161.0 lbs

A later-than-I-should-have bedtime, plus interrupted sleep, meant I did not get up early to run today.

AM routine - check

Plan for the day:

Probably a snack before work (still hungry after breakfast cereal)  ran out of time

Work is 11-7 today  check

home  check

mfp update (while doing hair)  forgot until after dinner, but got it done

re-color my hair  forgot this too... I think I need to have a list of after work stuff or check the compy when I get home  got it done, late, but done.

clean the coffee maker  forgot this as well.  :(

clear off this desk check

I think that may be a quick (<15 minute) job, so maybe start on the entryway in the house  was not less than 15 min., so no foul

PM Routine  off to do this now

Spoiler

-John Wooden

I'll be over at the 6 Week Challenge thread starting tomorrow...

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66320-georges-keeps-on-georgesing/

Spoiler

-John Wooden

I started this post, and then saw the clock, and realized I want to put more time into it than I'm going to tonight.  So I will edit this tomorrow.  It's just a quick snapshot of before/after the last 6 week challenge.

So, about that challenge...

Before:

7-day average weight: 161.64 lbs

Running: long run at 10.6 miles, just under 14:00 pace.  short run pace 11:11.

Lifting: squat workset: 3x5 at 145 lbs, bench workset: 3x5 at 95 lbs (but not happy with my dodgy form), ohp (Friday before the challenge) workset: 65 lbs, 4x4, deadlifts: workset at 155 lbs, 1x5.  ((I'll have to search my paper log and get numbers in here with an edit))

Bills/Debt: (Week 2) numbers: Total Unacceptable Debt (excludes truck payment): $6,961.41

Adulting: was getting through AM & PM routines, plus a little de-cluttering

After:

7-day average weight: 154.00 lbs a difference of just over 7.5 lbs

Running. long run at 15 miles, 15:00 pace.  short run pace at ~12:30.  Slowed right down with heat, and just starting to feel 'right' since I was sick.

Lifting: squat workset: finally back up to 3x5 at 145 lbs, bench, back up to 95 lbs, but only 3x3.  Had a lot of roll-of-shame endings lately. ohp workset on the day after the challenge ended: 60 lbs, 5/4/4 reps, deadlifts: oy, yeah, I remember those.  I haven't been doing them though.  I've been working assisted pullups, but haven't been doing my deadlifts. ((I'll have to search my paper log and get numbers in here with an edit)) All in all, my goal of maintaining my numbers was hit pretty hard when I got sick for 2 days.  I'm still getting back to where I started at.

Bills/Debt:Total Unacceptable Debt (excludes truck payment): $6,772.84, a difference of 188.57 :)

Adulting:  Deleveled... stopped getting through decluttering, only partially through routines.  :(

Thoughts About It All

Weight loss is still going fine.  I plan to take a break and practice some maintenance at 150 lbs, or September, whichever comes first, and start losing weight again in November (after the marathon).

Lifting took a hit when I got sick.  I'd like to get back to where I was, re-start my deadlifting, and maintain my strength until after my running season, when I'll work on increasing.  At that point, I'm probably going to play around with my programming, because things were already stalling before the challenge.

Financial goals are truckin' along, slowly.  At least the numbers are moving in the right direction.  At this rate, though, it would be 4 to 5 years to pay the debt down.  :(  I just remembered that I had surprise medical bills during the challenge, so paying down debt should be a little speedier during the next couple of months.  At least, I think they were during the challenge (I know at least one of them was).

Adulting:  I'm struggling.  And the only reason I don't use the word "failing" instead is because I haven't given up yet.

Positive thinking:  This one I struggle with sometimes and do well with sometimes.  It's certainly easier than it used to be.  :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Even though I'm not doing a challenge next week, I've very much slacked off in the bye week.

Needs to change.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sometimes we slack and it's cool. Respawns are unlimited though.

Let's makethis a better week

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

July 27, 2015

AM weigh in: 153.5 lbs

Pre-workout banana, then off to the gym to lift.

Squats: did warmup sets only

Bench: struggled with the workset, 3x3

Assisted pullup: struggled, kind of crappy form.  3x6 (@"75 lbs" of assistance)

Home to wash up for work and was sad to find I didn't have time to eat, so I had another banana on the way to work.

Work was 12 - 8, only it was really 12 - almost 9.  Good start, rough end of day.  I'm already ready for my weekend (Wed-Thurs), but I may end up with 6-day weeks for a bit... hopefully not this week, though.

Home again, trying to figure out what to eat to meet my macros and end my hangriness.

Positive thought:  my new running shorts arrived today.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

July 28 (yesterday)

AM weigh in: 153.0 lbs

Slept in, so didn't run.

work was 11-8, but had to wait for a ride home.

Did try on the new running shorts - I was worried, because they looked a lot shorter than my old ones, but that's just because they redesigned them.  The inseam is still the same (long enough to keep my thighs from chafing), but the waist is lower.  As long as they stay up, I think they'll work fine.

Tired of feeling like I'm too tired from work to get anything done.  Glad it's my "weekend"

Spoiler

-John Wooden

July 29th

AM weigh in: 153.0

Vet appointment (just the regular annual), very stressful on us and them.

Didn't lift today. 

Did dishes, and laundry.

Quality time with Mr.Georges.

Ate all the junkfoods.

Not sure if I'm running tomorrow or not.

We'll see.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

I can't remember where you are. Is it super hot/humid?

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I can't remember where you are. Is it super hot/humid?

Relative to what I'm used to, yes.  In the 90s (F) and pretty humid some/most days.

I'm in Northern Maine, where our lows in winter and our highs in summer span 120 degrees Fahrenheit.

On the up side, this year I have my allergies and (allergy-induced) asthma medicated properly, so ragweed season isn't kicking my butt.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

that counts as a positive thought I think ;) 

I always joke that I'm allergic to life,,,,  I can't get away from my allergies :P

• Like 2

Spoiler

July 30th

AM weigh in 156.0 lbs (!)

Lots of bill paying/errands w/Mr.Georges this morning.

Laundry

Helped with dinner

Got a little work done on the house

Didn't run.  Walked a little.

Second day off from work.

I really needed this 'weekend' to catch up a bit on stuff, since the last few 'weekends' were screwy with travel/scheduling issues.

mfp numbers: (not good) ~856 over target calories, 104g protein, 25g fiber, extra iron, 2 servings fruit/veg.  I'm actually surprised it wasn't even more over the target calories.  I'm used to getting some running calories on the 'weekend,' and eating accordingly.  So, probably a continued weight spike for the next couple days.

Now that I'm feeling like I got some stuff done, and a little R&R at home, I need to re-focus on some of the things I've been neglecting:

lifting - full workouts instead of half-assed, rushed workouts

running - before I lose all the progress I've worked so hard for!

FlyLady - I don't know if I tried to ramp it up too quickly last time or what, but it totally didn't go well during the last 6-Week Challenge.

work improvement - still a lot to learn.

Eating - like an athlete.  I'm planning on switching to weight maintenance at 150 lbs or the end of August.  I'm pretty close, but I've been eating haphazardly for the last week or so.

First Steps:

tonight - no dirty dishes when I go to bed.  Very beginner PM routine (brush teeth, clean cat boxes, lay out tomorrow's clothes)

tomorrow - lift, eat properly before work, learn something at work (every day), keep my PM routine going

Saturday - work, long run, no dirty dishes, PM routine

Sunday - work, make eggmuffins, no dirty dishes, PM routine

Spoiler

-John Wooden

that counts as a positive thought I think ;)

I always joke that I'm allergic to life,,,,  I can't get away from my allergies :tongue:

After quite a bit of trial and error, I found the two prescription meds that manage mine.  Then one (antihistimine) became OTC, and the other finally has generics on the market.  Yay! What it took for me was recognizing the biology of what was happening - it wasn't just the cascade started by the histamine reaction that was causing problems, so I looked into the (new, at the time) leukotriene receptor antagonists hitting the market and tried out the one with the least disturbing side effects - viola! reduce my reliance on my rescue inhaler to almost never.  Definitely a positive thought!

Spoiler

-John Wooden