Forums are back in action! ×

[Georges] Accountability supports my goals.

Friday, 11 Sept (yesterday)

worked.

that's about it.

Saturday, 12 Sept

worked.

trying to convince myself to do work laundry,

or anything productive, before bed.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Sept 14

weigh in 158.0

Still not doing very well.

But, in celebration of the beginning of the new 6-week challenge (even though I'm not doing one),

I took inspiration from the minimalism challenge and tossed

5 bottles of nail polish that I don't use

1 travel-size bottle of hand lotion that was so old it didn't smell right anymore

1 tube of hand lotion that has never smelled nice

1 travel-size bottle of shampoo that I don't remember acquiring

1 pair of ratty, falling-apart sneakers

1 necktie... ???

1 lanyard

1 tiny drawstring silk(ish) bag

1 comb with uselessly-wide spaced teeth

1 broken pedometer

my old razor that used disposable (overpriced) cartridges (and the holder)

for a total of 15 pieces of clutter.

And that felt nice.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.

Friday, 18 September, 2015

weigh in 155.5 lbs

Tentatively feeling better, after visiting my family.

Today's focus: eating better.

Overall, I need to take better care of myself.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Saturday, 19 September, 2015

weigh in 156.5

After yesterday's Surprise! 10 hour workday, I  overate and overslept.

Trying not to feel bad about it.

Hoping today goes better.

Also, I found out that I'll be temporarily out of work for a stretch of time.

All-in-all, yesterday seemed well designed to undo any good results from my visit home.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Rough Times Interlude

I dunno, it's just been a little hard to get out of bed lately.

Today is supposed to be my long run, and I'm just not feeling it.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

hey girl..... 

how have things been?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

hey girl..... 

how have things been?

Kind of bad.

Stopped running weeks ago, marathon is the day after tomorrow.

First counseling appointment is Tuesday.

Been holding out on posting until there's something good to post...

hasn't happened yet.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Hugs

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

So.  I updated my run total, since I somehow finished my marathon.  I really don't know how - it should not have been possible since I stopped training at the beginning of September.  Anyway, it took 20 minutes longer than my previous slowest marathon (or 35 minutes longer than my PR).

I updated my weight progress bar as well, since I put weight back on.

Today I weighed in at 160.0 lbs.

I went to the gym for the first time in months.

I was hoping I could write about how good it felt, but it didn't.

Maybe it will on Monday.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Saturday, 24 Oct 2015

Didn't weigh in this morning.

I thought I should go for a run, but went for a walk instead (to do errands).

Surprised by DOMS today.  I think that's probably a good thing.  I was worried I didn't push enough at the gym yesterday.

Also, it made me realize that when I was lifting regularly before, I didn't get muscle soreness.  I felt like my connective tissues were sore, instead.

So, today was about a mile stroll, with breaks for errands, followed by throwing firewood down to the basement, followed by stacking it.

Also managed to do some laundry, dishes, cooking, more dishes.

On paper, it was a good day.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sunday, 25 October, 2015 (yesterday)

weigh in: 161.5

Still sore.

Stacked more wood.

Didn't get around to walking.

Did get some laundry done, groceries bought.

Low key recovery day.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Monday, Oct 26, 2015 (yesterday)

Family visit to Mr.Georges' family.

Did not workout, partly due to time mismanagement, partly due to still being a bit sore,

partly so that I wouldn't be useless at throwing and stacking firewood Tuesday.

Not a productive day, but a nice visit.

Tuesday, Oct 27, 2015

weigh in: 161.0

walked ~1 mile for errands (inhaler refill & post office)

Trying to muster some enthusiasm for firewood, but it's not there.

Doesn't matter, really, I have to do it anyway.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Hi!  :)

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2015

Didn't weigh in

Early, early morning so that I could drop off Mr.Georges so I would have a vehicle to go to my counseling appointment.

Appointment went okay.  I'm struggling a little today with the dissonance between my hope that things would magically get better

once I admitted I needed outside/professional perspective... vs. the reality.

Went to the gym (workout #2)

Apparently, my working weight for squats is now 125 lbs (~56 kg?)

I'm hoping for some newb (re)gains, but I don't know if it's realistic.

OHP has dropped to 50 lbs (~22.7 kg?), but it was pretty low before, too.

Friday I'll try out some assisted pullups, and Monday, I'll add deadlifts back in.

And that was about it, today.

I found out that there's a meet in Southern Maine, not too far from my folks' house, but

it's the weekend after the weekend I'm already planning to be down there, so I probably

can't justify the travel.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Thursday, Oct 29th, 2015 (yesterday)

weigh in: 160.5 lbs

walked errands, paid bills.

didn't run.  :/

threw & stacked more firewood

was sad a lot.

did some pharmacology learnin'.

<nerd>

I found out that there is a link between high levels of serotonin in plasma (not being absorbed/re-absorbed by platelets) and asthma.  There is a medication used for depression that has been shown to reduce asthma, but (1) it is highly abusable, (2) it is not easy to dc, and (3) it isn't available in this country.

</nerd>

Friday, Oct. 30, 2015

weigh in: 162.0 lbs

The plan was to get up "early" and go to the gym.  Instead, I got there at about 11:30am.  Squats, bench, assisted pullup, back extension, and abductor/adductor.  Added on a 1/2 mile walk.  Then got home and realized that I needed to get ~20 lbs of groceries without the car, so got another 1.5 miles of walking.

Started soup, got the fire going, and started dishes.

Now taking a sit-down break, wondering why the day is gone and I've gotten almost nothing done.  :(

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

you didn't get almost nothing done... you went to the gym and then the grocery store... that's a lot

I am sorry that going to the gym isn't as amazing as you'd hoped once you got back at it... I hope it gets better 

• Like 2

Spoiler

I am sorry that going to the gym isn't as amazing as you'd hoped once you got back at it... I hope it gets better 

Me too!  :)

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Saturday, 31 October, 2015

didn't weigh in.

rough morning.  I got my full hours of sleep, but it was interrupted when I woke up feeling almost sick from the heat.  Heating with a wood furnace = no precise temperature control.

Took a rest day.  I feel like I should have done my short run, but I didn't.  Maybe tomorrow.

Another low productivity day.  Did dishes, laundry, stripped the bed, made soup.  Paid a couple of bills.

I need to add something to look forward to into my life.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sunday, Nov 1, 2015

weigh in: 162.0

turned off my alarm and slept in.  :(

another low productivity day, and the gloomy weather didn't help.

a bit more laundry, making some bread, doing more online lookin' at meds options.

called my mum about this weekend's visit & 1/2 marathon.

maybe going to the gym tomorrow will spark some enthusiasm, or at least some activity.

anyway, here's my usual "if I were doing a challenge" post:  (I think I missed it last time)

1. ramp up to 3/wk lifting workouts

2. add cardio back in

3. eat some veggies

Life: talk to the doc about meds, get & start a Rx

some bonus stuff I'd like to have done by Dec 14:

- pack up summer clothes, unpack winter clothes

- - & discard some of each

- get the house ready for snow

- get the yard ready for snow

- find a trail to snowshoe on

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Monday, 2 November, 2015

weigh in: 162.5 (!)

Slept in again, but not for nearly as long, and trying to get more done earlier today.

So far, it's been: feed the sourdough, putaway dry dishes & laundry, feed the stray* cat, call my sister.

Other things on today's list:

• build the fire        check
  • bake something with apples
  • make bread         started, went with an overnight rise
  • wash & hang laundry    check
  • wash dishes (at/near the end of day)
  • start gathering stuff for winterizing our windows
  • make an appointment with the doc     check
  • maybe walk to the post office?
  • lift at the gym        check
  • eat some veggies   check

I'm starting back up with mfp, since I realized that lifting again will spike my appetite, and if I end up on meds, that probably will, too. 

At any rate, mfp seems to be my best tool for being mindful about what (and how much) I eat, which becomes a bit more critical

when I know my appetite/hunger signals will be changing, because they probably won't line up with what/how much I need to eat for health.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

weigh in 162.5

mfp #'s from yesterday:

calories = 247 under goal, 101g protein, got my fiber, iron (thanks, cereal!), and 5+veggies.

(for the record) I have my calorie goal set at 1420, which is a 250/day deficit. And I do "eat back my exercise calories."

so, on my to do list today:

vote  ✓

post office  ✓

finish bread  ✓

use up some apples

work on windows

fold & putaway laundry

do the dishes I didn't do yesterday

call my dad (finalizing plans for the weekend)  ✓

mfp #'s:  calories = 258 276 over goal and craving sweets, 79 80g protein, got fiber, iron, looks like 4.25 out of 5 veg.  Maybe I'll snag a stalk or 2 of celery to snack on.

celery achieved.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

I didn't disappear, but I did have a couple of hectic days, and I'm out of town this weekend, so I'm not going to stress out about tracking.  I should be back Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 2

Spoiler

-John Wooden

I did, indeed, come back.

So, the 6th, I left before instead of going to the gym, spent a bunch of the weekend with my family, ate what I wanted, ran/jogged 13.1 miles, and tried to have a good time.

I missed my time goal (which was not very ambitious, 3 hours) by about a minute.

I came home Sunday night (late), took Monday as a rest day, didn't feel up to posting yesterday.

Today, I got some new meds, hit the gym, and am trying to get some optimism going. 

Spoiler

-John Wooden

impressed you ran/jogged 13.1 miles! Nice work :D

Also, family gatherings can be hard when your energy is low - hope you had a better time than expected :)

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet