Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from South Africa

Hi All

So ive been going through every article on the NF site for the last few months, finally joined the forums last week and have now built up the guts to introduce myself.

Basically i have gone from a skinny ass to overweight in quite a short time. Ive never been into gym and even when i was skinny didnt have a fantastic body. 3 years ago i met my hubby and weighed 50kgs at 5"1, but of course you get comfortable and the weight just piles on. I managed to starve my way back to 58Kgs for our wedding (on star wars day :tongue: we are both nerds lol) but since then all my weight has come back.

My wake up call was when i went scuba diving recently and needed my hubby and another friend to help me squeeze into my wetsuit, and once in the suit i looked like a big rubber ball.

Im not really concerned with weight anymore, i wana be strong and have a good body to go with that. so have been lifting weights for about 2 months nw and getting better every week, hopefully by this time next year you will see me on the lifting leaderboard :)

welcome to the boards provoke! we're happy to have you :)  It's the middle of the second week of a challenge, but why don't you sign up :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Awesome, where you staying now ?

at the moment in the armpit of our country, Johannesburg lol

welcome to the boards provoke! we're happy to have you :)  It's the middle of the second week of a challenge, but why don't you sign up :)

Hi Blaidd

Yeah i worked up the guts yesterday and signed up, so lets see how it goes hehe :)

what concert are you going to? yeah im in desperate need of a holiday, especially after today...two seconds after i posted my last reply a guy came into my shop and robbed us lol! luckily he only got away with a cellphone but super shaken now

what concert are you going to? yeah im in desperate need of a holiday, especially after today...two seconds after i posted my last reply a guy came into my shop and robbed us lol! luckily he only got away with a cellphone but super shaken now

wth!!!  That's crazy.  It's like i live in a totally different country! 

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge