Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy Story Co-op **sign ups for round 1 closed**

eeeekkkk ghost then me!!!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I am game

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afl2RRQY7ZPDDcuWfjhSomoKYMtj3ldjKGU0LtlYRkw/edit

been keepin it together here.... cuz it's easier for me to read it all together

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

That is awesome Jenn

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

I absolutely LOVE this idea!  I can't wait for the next one so I can be a part of it!

I am game

Awesome ya'll.  I'll add you into the next rotation!

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

That is awesome Jenn

I keep wanting to like posts!!!

they need to add that here

I am just kinda scatterbrained... I can't follow the story to write my part if it's all discombobulated!!!

Spoiler

(Sorry for the late reply, procrastination and stuff :/ )
(Also, I think I might have wrote too much. But it's mostly just empty space from the gaps.)

//
As the two set off across the vast wasteland towards the Crucible, quite a few heads were turned. 
Not human heads of course, but lizards and the like. It's not every day that you see two naked guys run past your home after all.
Noodle was constantly assaulted by the words of Piger, how easy it would be to give up. But seeing himself there in all his pudgy glory running (well, more of a naked prance of sorts) was enough to drive him onwards through his doubts.

With every step Noodle felt more exhausted, but at the same time he felt more alive than he had ever before.

Noodle bounced up alongside Epik.
"Why did no one ever tell me of this magical activity? I feel elated, as if on some sort of high of the running sort!"

"Do you not feel free? Liberated? This is our own sort of magic, my friend! Let it flow through you, and give you strength!" Epik responded.

After what felt like hours of running, Noodle was finally at his end. Both had started walking, but they felt their destination was

close at hand. A mere few hundred meters away was a path, winding among a mountain. Noodle was overcome with joy at the sight, his efforts had gone somewhere.

"You have passed the Trial of the Scout, dear Noodle. For that I will congratulate you. You have made it to the Path of the Assassin, only a short way remains to the Crucible from here."

"Well what are we waiting for? I feel as if I could take on a dragon! Nothing can stop me! Well, maybe a quick rest first."

And so the two continued onwards through the Path of the Assassin, Noodle wondered why it was called that. He sure hoped no one would kill him, so he stayed away from hay bales and such. It all seemed much too easy. The path wound on, snaking its way upwards. Noodle rounded a corner... to an almost sheer cliff face.

"The only way is up." Epik replied to Noodle's surprised look.

"Surely it is not so, there must be a simpler way. Come, let us go back and res-"

"The only way is up, fool!"

Noodle was quite taken aback at this. Had Epik gone insane?
Epik gestured up, with a climbing motion. Noodle was frightened, only a few rocky outcrops on the face were to be seen. He thought he spied a ledge perhaps twenty metres up the cliff face.
Noodle tenderly grabbed the closest rock, stepping up slightly onto the next. He was barely a metre off the ground. 

Turning to Epic for guidance, he found nothing to be seen of the man.

"Look to me, Noodle, and know it is possible!"

Noodle looked up to the heavens and was amazed to see himself, and all his glory proudly standing above all, on the ledge.
With renewed confidence Noodle scrambled up the cliff face, soon he had ascended half way up.

"Wow, I'm like a genuine Arachno-Man! All I need is some web!"

But in his haste he neglected to test a hand hold, and soon found himself falling in seemingly slow motion.
Opening his mouth to scream he looked up to the figure of Epik.
Seemingly of its own accord, his body flung out his arms making a perfect grab of another, sturdy, handhold.
Finding himself now hanging, Noodle was dumbfounded, he didn't mean to do this.

Of course! Noodle thought. His body wanted the best for him, to take care of him and keep him alive! It was all so simple!
Noodle had a revelation, his body did everything it could for him, but he treated it like garbage and neglected its simplest needs.
Finding purchase in a nearby foothold, Noodle managed to start steadily climbing again. This time he took it safely, his arms and legs finding grip after grip and moving him upwards.
Nearing the top he looked up to see the face of Epik smiling down at him, and an arm extended to pull him up.

But Noodle declined the arm, he knew he could make the final stretch on top of the ledge himself. 
Reaching the top, and more or less rolling over the ledge to get off of it, Noodle was overcome with joy.
He'd done it! 

"Well done Noodle, you have passed the Path of the Assassin. Your courage takes you to ever greater heights. And now, behold the Crucible of Testicular Fortitude!"

Noodle was in awe.

oooooo

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO

:nightmare: I am next :nightmare:

I will try tomorrow (I am off) if not it may take me a few days :)

Spoiler

He he he!  This is great, Ghost!  What's gonna happen next?  Are we gonna see the path of the warrior and ranger too?  Or will it just be the Crucible of Testicular Fortitude?  I can't wait and see!

I hope to see your contribution soon, Jenn!!

<p>Gwenhwyfar, level 0 Wild elf adventurerSTR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

the deciever.... 

the path of the druid.... 

lies

epic battles

cold nakedness

just wait

Spoiler

I wanted to let you guys stew with my teaser... hmmmm.... 

but alas I can not

=======================================

Noodle turned around and watched the sun setting over the edge of the cliff. He felt stronger than he had in, well ever really. He looked over the the edge and the ground so very far away and was overwhelmed but what he had accomplished thus far. Maybe his cousin Steve Kamb the mighty wizard really knew what he was talking about? Noodle was overwhelmed by the amount of work he had done so far. The sweat was cooling on his naked body. He had some of his snack that he had saved from earlier and curled up next to a rock as waves of exhaustion rolled over him.

He woke a few hours later hearing Piger’s voice echoing from his dreams. His subconscious warped and  perverted the voice until Noodle accepted it as his own. “I’ll never make it. The Crucible of Testicular Fortitude is still so far away. It is close enough now that I can see it, but I will never make it.†He bowed his head as the weight of his thoughts threatened to break him.

A small flame somewhat like a candle flickered about a foot off the ground in front of him. In the darkness he heard Epik, “Search yourself Noodle! Know that these lies are from the Deceiver! They are tricks! Search deep within yourself and see your successes. You have come so far and you can go farther still!! FOCUS young student. The deceiver is weak and has to lie to take your power. He can not take your power unless you give it to him!! Please don’t get lost in his lies!!â€

Noodle concentrated on the flame, trying to focus on the quiet voice of Epik. He understood there was truth in what Epik taught, for he had been sent by Steve. Piger was so loud and so seductive. It felt like there was a giant seesaw in his head, Epic was on one side and Piger on the other. It was a tremendous battle to make Piger be silent.

Piger didn’t understand one fundamental truth. Noodle wasn’t alone. He had his group behind him. His buddies bolstered him. He was able to gather mana for the battle from his Accountibilibuddies and use it in his battle against Piger! He focused his might and pulled strength from his friend Epik and forced Piger out of his head. With a mighty growl he sprung up from his sleep. He knew that he had defeated Piger in the moment but that the battle wasn’t over.

He looked over to see Epik sitting on the boulder to his left. “Well done Noodle, you have done well on the Path of the Druid. There are only four paths left to the Crucible. I know that you can make it! â€

Noodle looked back at how far how he had come and it seemed so very far away, and yet so close. The Crucible seemed to be both within his reach and so far away! He couldn’t fathom the fact that he was the same man who had started on this journey. He felt so different inside. There were four more paths. He was closer to the Crucible than he was to the beginning.

He was finally starting to get the vague feeling that it was possible for him to actually make it to the Crucible. It was a vague distant feeling at this point but he could feel his successes adding up! He understood that this was going to be an exponential growth rather than a multiplicative growth. His thoughts were still somewhat heavy; but he knew with his powerful friends, Steve Kamb, and his growth so far that he would be able to make it. He knew what he was up against. The deceitful Piger only had the power that he was allowed to have. He only had the power that Noodle gave him.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Humm...  I wonder what the four paths would be.  I know there's going to be path of the warrior and path of the ranger, but what paths would be left after we touched every class?  LOL!  I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I haven't seen vengefulpear post in here lately, so I'll send them a message.

<p>Gwenhwyfar, level 0 Wild elf adventurerSTR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

:D :D :D

I would have wrote longer... (and could have) but felt like I wrote a LOT!... so I didn't want to take more than my aloted space

which I know we didn't alot space limitations... but I felt like a storyline hog!!!

Spoiler

should I write the rest of what I had in mind?

Spoiler

I am 100% okay with Jenn finishing her post as long at pear is up for it!