Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys (and girls)!

As you can gather from my title, I'm starting over.  I started a 6-week challenge awhile ago and gave up.  My motivation has never been there... meaning that I've always been the guy who would start something and never finish it.

A little bit about me.  I'm a guy, 19 years old, approximately 310 pounds, 6'3", in college, I eat too much, I "exercise" (basically playing an intramural sport) 3 times a week, I used to weightlift, I want to start again, and I'm sick of being fat.  

I've been self-conscious of myself for years.  Lately it's gotten much worse, almost to the point of depression.  I don't like going out of my room anymore.  I always feel like I'm being judged for my weight, even though I've had people tell me that I don't look fat at all.  I wear compression shirts every day to help hide my fat, and I wear compression shorts to prevent the chafing from my legs rubbing together.  I'm sick and tired of feeling like this, so I'm going to do something about it.

I weightlifted for about 5 months during my junior year of high school (sophomore in college now), and it was the best I've ever felt in my life.  I've found some people that are willing to let me join them while they lift, so I'm excited to start that again.  

Other than that, I don't have much to say.  I'll try to keep anyone who cares updated.  Even if it's just to write down my progress.  I can do this guys.  I know I can.

Challenge thread | Battle logs | Active PVP | @PetziCola

Start: 349 lbs | Current: 332.6 lbs | Goal: 275 lbs

Endomondo | MyFitnessPal | Personal website

"Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first... your spirit, or your body!" - Bane, The Dark Knight Rises

Six Week Challenge Weight Loss Progress:

20%
20%

Sounds something similar to my best friend and room mate for my two first years of college. He was at about 320 pounds, 6'2". Second year of college he came up to me, half crying at like 2am while I was gaming, I was like woah bro, calm down, what's up?

He's like, I'm fucking sick and tired of being fat. I just stood up, looked him straight in the eye with the most serious face ever and told him plainly. YOU want to lose weight? Well YOU go and lose weight, YOU are the one making the decisions, if that's what you want, then go fucking do it, I can't run, lift, sweat for you, but I'll be damn happy to be by your side. He just looked at me, shocked at what I said and just answered, You're right. Ok then.

That college year he started at 320, ended up at 190. 130 pounds in 10 months.

We were 19 when he started too. He weights 180-185 now, he ran a 15k last week. He's insane, he's the most fit in our group of friends now, went from first to last.

YOU know what YOU want. If you REAAAALLLYYYY want it. Then go get it, no one is going to do it for you, but everyone here on NF will be willing to help overcome ANY obstacle. We're like family, we'll be there during the good times, during the bad times.

Now show us what you're capable of!

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Sounds something similar to my best friend and room mate for my two first years of college. He was at about 320 pounds, 6'2". Second year of college he came up to me, half crying at like 2am while I was gaming, I was like woah bro, calm down, what's up?

He's like, I'm fucking sick and tired of being fat. I just stood up, looked him straight in the eye with the most serious face ever and told him plainly. YOU want to lose weight? Well YOU go and lose weight, YOU are the one making the decisions, if that's what you want, then go fucking do it, I can't run, lift, sweat for you, but I'll be damn happy to be by your side. He just looked at me, shocked at what I said and just answered, You're right. Ok then.

That college year he started at 320, ended up at 190. 130 pounds in 10 months.

We were 19 when he started too. He weights 180-185 now, he ran a 15k last week. He's insane, he's the most fit in our group of friends now, went from first to last.

YOU know what YOU want. If you REAAAALLLYYYY want it. Then go get it, no one is going to do it for you, but everyone here on NF will be willing to help overcome ANY obstacle. We're like family, we'll be there during the good times, during the bad times.

Now show us what you're capable of!

I was going to only quote the parts of this post that really inspired me, but dammit if the whole thing wasn't awesome.  Thank you so much for your support.

I've taken the first step already: I contacted a good friend of mine and we are going to set up 3 days a week to lift weights.  I'm really excited about that.

My goal for now is to get down to about 250 pounds and see where I'm at looks-wise.

On another note, I'm definitely interested in that Minecraft server, but I'll have to get a few more posts before I can join.

Challenge thread | Battle logs | Active PVP | @PetziCola

Start: 349 lbs | Current: 332.6 lbs | Goal: 275 lbs

Endomondo | MyFitnessPal | Personal website

"Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first... your spirit, or your body!" - Bane, The Dark Knight Rises

Six Week Challenge Weight Loss Progress:

20%
20%

Awesome :), if ever you need anything shoot me a PM, I'll be happy to help ^^

for the MC server, just a week you should be good with 50 posts ;)

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173