Forums are back in action! ×

Ink, who's got ittttt

I'm slightly embarassed to admit that I'm the only member of my family (including aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents) that doesn't have a tattoo who isn't either a little old lady or too young. I've grown up around them my entire life, but haven't found the design I would get inked into my skin... until now...

I admit, this won't happen until I've achieved my body fat goal, mostly for motivation and vanity's sake, but I already know exactly what I want:

A skull, surrounded by easter lilies with two pieces of parchment, one above and one below it.

The top one will say Memento Mori (Remember to Die), and the bottom one will say Memento Vivere (Remember to Live)

*It's the reason my username is Memento Mori*

I'm likely going to get it along my side.

I'll post pics when I get it done!

It's like, that people … well, that everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world — no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds … not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe. (The Sandman - A Game of You)

I don't have any yet, however I've got ideas for three of them:

1) German eagle sitting on a torii arch with a polar bear inside the arch (representing my overseas tours: Okinawa, Greenland, and Germany)

2) Mountain range with a bison in front and either a star or armadillo (representing my stateside tours: Colorado, S. Dakota, and Texas)

3) A combination of the Third Armored Division, 11th Armored Cav Regiment, and US Forces-Afghanistan insignias (representing the units of my grandfather, father, and myself)

I just need to get the designs done up...

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)

I've got a bull on my left tricep... (always improving... getting better... like the bull market)

I've got my nickname on my left forearm...

I've got my production company next to that... as well as a bar code (I'm a music producer... but African Americans were once thought of as commodities... not people)

On my left shoulder I have a devil... on my right shoulder I have an angel... (I might not always do right... but my conscience tries to lead me right)

My next tattoos are as follows... I plan on getting these labor day weekend...

On both of my forearms... my squad... TEAM STICKUP in the Badaboom font...

On my left forearm: Good isn't good enough...

On my right forearm: Celebrate rarely. Grind regularly.

On my left elbow: a human heart (I wear my heart on my sleeve... get it?)

On my right elbow: An apple with area NOT inked to read "Insomniac's Paradise" (I'm from The Big Apple/The City That Never Sleeps)

I've got a bull on my left tricep... (always improving... getting better... like the bull market)

I've got my nickname on my left forearm...

I've got my production company next to that... as well as a bar code (I'm a music producer... but African Americans were once thought of as commodities... not people)

On my left shoulder I have a devil... on my right shoulder I have an angel... (I might not always do right... but my conscience tries to lead me right)

My next tattoos are as follows... I plan on getting these labor day weekend...

On both of my forearms... my squad... TEAM STICKUP in the Badaboom font...

On my left forearm: Good isn't good enough...

On my right forearm: Celebrate rarely. Grind regularly.

On my left elbow: a human heart (I wear my heart on my sleeve... get it?)

On my right elbow: An apple with area NOT inked to read "Insomniac's Paradise" (I'm from The Big Apple/The City That Never Sleeps)

Pics or it didn't happen.