Forums are back in action! ×

Staying a while, and listening.

Hi everyone!

I've already posted on the NF forums here and there, so I figure an intro post is also in order. I've been putting it off because I suck at intros.

I'm Naxius. In a perfect universe I'd be a Wizard (or Sorc) multiclassing as a Ninja, and all my starting stats would be like 18 and I'd be awesome at everything--I'd be that one badass character that everyone looks up to and aspires to be. Unfortunately real life is not like this, and that makes me sad. To be less sad, however, I've decided to come here and level up my life so I can at least be a little closer to my sci-fi/fantasy self.

I'm already (mostly) fit, but for the last year or two (or three?) I've been sort of at a plateau. I know I can do better. The good things are that I've been exercising regularly for nearly 10 years now, and that my diet is mostly free of junk food. My diet philosophy so far is: if it's from a shiny or crinkly bag, don't eat it. It's rather basic, and I know that there are ways to modify my food intake to optimize weight loss and/or muscle building...which I am hoping to learn as I browse these forums :)

As for lifting and keeping journals and other things that pros do...I'm a complete n00b. So I'm hoping to eventually get some +STR as well. I don't know if I'll ever be a big lifter, though, as I've usually preferred body weight exercises in the past. Once I finish the initial 6-week challenge, I'll probably go for the Assassins guild, and maybe Druid. I might eventually get back into the Monk life, too XD

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Hi! Welcome! Your intro is just fine :) It's always good to have people properly intro-ing themselves even if they can't think what to say.

Leveling up is definitely the best way to deal with sadness about not being where you'd ideally be :D There's definitely a lot around here that should help you on your journey and if you don't find what you're looking for, just ask! Stop by IRC or post a thread :) Have fun and welcome to the Rebellion!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram