Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all,

I'm Talisman. I'm new to the scene and just trying it out. I'm thinking about trying C25K and see what that does for me, not really concerned with scale numbers, my results will be what I see in the mirror. I currently weigh 240 and I am a part time firefighter/paramedic. I plan on lifting weights, but i'm going to start with running. It's basically just to get me active and build some stamina so I can do the more vigorous workouts, and also give me more stamina for my job. (Tired of huffing and puffing from training at the firehouse in full gear!) 

So that's me, and that's my plan for now. 

Nice to meet you all. 

Do or do not. There is no try.

Hi, Talisman! I've heard really good things about the C25K program, that sounds like a great place to start :) Not being too concerned with the scale and numbers is a good way to be, but it can help to have measurements or something to look back on down the road. I've always had about the same attitude about weight, but right now I'm really glad I decided to start measuring infrequently.... especially now when I'm down two or three pant sizes, but am still feeling rather "fluffy." Good luck and welcome to the Rebellion!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Thanks for the welcome AKLulu, I totally agree about the measurements and will definitely be keeping track of those on a monthly basis. I have heard great things about it too, and I like how it works you up to a 5k in 9 weeks, since one of my goals involve participation in either a warrior dash or tough mudder. =)

Do or do not. There is no try.

Welcome.

Strength training is very important for someone in your line of work.

My job I sit on my ass, but after lifting weights for only 4 and half week, you start noticing small things in life becoming easier. Like I used to struggle lifting up the bed for my mum (it's this weird storage thing that you lift up). But after going to gym, learning proper deadlift form when I lifted it up last time I sent it flying in the air compared to my normal struggle of just getting it up.

Race: Hobbit

Class: Warrior

Level: 3

STR: 12 DEX: 3 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 3 CHA: 4

Check out my first challenge! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38158-lawrences-super-adventure/