Forums are back in action! ×

LFG: New Beginnings Dungeon

Hi everyone! 

My name is Jessie and I am 24 in November. I came to NerdFitness because I want to evolve into the better version of me. My life has been turned upside down and shook up a few times in the few months. Old relationship ends, back living with the parents, new relationship starts, get laid off from job, kickass vacation, new job starting next week. Yup! It has been hectic, so why not get a new start with my health. 

This is not my first journey down the path of a new me. I have always been on the more husky side of the spectrum and I kind of accepted that was just who I was. But 2 years ago I decided it didn't have to be that way. In the course of 5 months or so I went from 260lbs down to 225lbs. I did this by following the routines from the book 'New Rules of Lifting for Women' and tracking my calories every day. Something happened and I fell off the bandwagon. Fast forward to now and I'm back to 260lbs-ish (I weighed myself after eating lunch and fully clothed). Working out was never overly fun for me but you know what I am getting the feeling it can be. 

My starting stats:

Height: 5'10''

Weight: 260lbs (give or take)

Level: 1

Goals:

- get down to 200lbs by January 2015

- cut out most processed foods

- eat lesser portions of more balanced meals (I dont want to count calories again)

- drink minimum of 8 glasses of water / day

- do at least 30 minutes of walking a day ( with Rook my dawgie :D )

- find time to get to level 50 in ffxiv T_T

My methods of exercise for now will be:

- horseback riding

- hiking

- walking

- jogging in a forest

- sword fighting (hopefully)

- archery

- dancing

- bodyweight exercises

Challenges:

- physical limits (weak wrists/hands prevent me from doing certain exercises until I can strengthen them)

- determination and willpower are exhausted easily

- lack of support

I found the first time around that I had a lot of success when I had a group to compete with and to quest with. So I look forward to joining the challenges :) This journey will be hard on my willpower and determination but I can do it! It starts now. 

post-22679-0-55157800-1381122555_thumb.j

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

I used to for about 7 years when I was younger but I haven't in quite a while.  I rode western... I definitely miss it!  One of my future challenge goals might be to find a place to start riding again.  Though I will probably have to learn english since every place in my area seems to only do english.  Oh well... posting is all the better for the thighs. Haha.

Hi Rookie, great to have you aboard :D

It looks like you've got some awesome ways to get fit on your list! (I'm a little jealous of the forest jogging :P ) I'm sure you'll be back on the wagon in no time :D And we'll all be here to cheer you on! Huzzah!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

I rode for 7 years or so then took a 9 year break and now I have been back at it for... I think this is my 3rd year. I have always rode English. Well I went on 3 trail rides before haha. Last one I got strung up on the horse by my bra.... That was not fun because she was a very call 17-18hh belgian horse. I can't say I have done it since because I am afraid of that happening again. Plus bras are expensive. Ah the posting, 2-pointing, jumping. XD Lots of fun (and pain)! You should definitely get back into it :) Im so glad I did. 

I used to for about 7 years when I was younger but I haven't in quite a while.  I rode western... I definitely miss it!  One of my future challenge goals might be to find a place to start riding again.  Though I will probably have to learn english since every place in my area seems to only do english.  Oh well... posting is all the better for the thighs. Haha.

Hiya! :) Thanks so much for the welcome. 

Darn straight I do! I have to get creative to keep it interesting. :) Oh man if I could barefoot run through the forest that would be epic. I feel I would need a battle drum though. I have been taking baby steps towards getting back on the wagon, which isn't horrible but I feel I could speed it up. Buuuut taking my time is good too. If I take too much onto my plate at once, I will get overwhelmed and that just would not be setting myself up for success. 

Hi Rookie, great to have you aboard :D

It looks like you've got some awesome ways to get fit on your list! (I'm a little jealous of the forest jogging :tongue: ) I'm sure you'll be back on the wagon in no time :D And we'll all be here to cheer you on! Huzzah!

Definitely! I think I had trouble with that the first few times I tried to properly get into fitness, I jumped into too much stuff so it just got a bit overwhelming. 

So you're on the right track! And I'm always here for questions :) well for answers to questions I should say :P

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

YAY PONIES! I used to ride, I rode for about 10 years before I had to sell my horse and go to college. I rode english and was in pony club, I mostly did eventing.  All of your activites look super fun and awesome! I've always wanted to try archery, I'm a fencer so I've done the swordfighting bit. Good luck with everything!

Lvl 0 Adventurer, Troll Wife

STR 0 | DEX 0| STA 0| CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Daily Battle Log: Challenge 1

YAY PONIES! I used to ride, I rode for about 10 years before I had to sell my horse and go to college. I rode english and was in pony club, I mostly did eventing.  All of your activites look super fun and awesome! I've always wanted to try archery, I'm a fencer so I've done the swordfighting bit. Good luck with everything!

YAY PONIES INDEED! :) I have never got to own a horse, but its a dream of mine. Eventing looks like so much fun; at my old barn we had a small crosscountry field we got to jump in and I really liked it. Archery is very similar to rowing, or at least the muscle groups. Thanks for your support! :)