Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone

Thought I'd join up to the forums, been reading alot of information on here that seems to be quite useful.

So a bit about me: I'm 29 and live in the UK. I've always been a small guy, I'm around the 5ft9 mark in height and decided its time to start making changes!

I've signed up for a 5k run october (first run i've done since my school days) and have been slowly training for this since June, and this has given me some motivation to sort the other aspects of my body out that need changing.

I'll undoubtedly be floating around here asking what may seem like the most basic questions in the world, please be gentle on me :redface-new:

Hey, great to meet another person from the UK! Big whoop! :-)

Looks like you're heading off to a really good start. I a bit of a newbie too but I've been informing myself as much as possible regarding health and fitness.

The 5k run sounds exciting, good luck, looking forward to hearing more :-)

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

The run is what has really kicked me into sorting myself out. It's not your traditional 5k, its a 5k run with a few obstacles while being chased by Zombies :-)

I started to worry when I signed up that I would struggle, but I seem to be doing ok on the training so far.

The next step on my list is to start bulking up. I currently weigh in at around the 54kg mark, and really want to change this for numerous reasons.It's going to be a long journey but I'm determined now!

Ah cool, being pushed is cool!

P.S. Chased by zombies? :-o

What are we talkin' here, Walking Dead slow ass zombies?

Or sonic-speed World War Z zombies.

Or even Resident Evil zombies that initially run but slow down when they're close to ya :-P

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

From what I understand from a friend thats done this before, you have a belt with 3 ball type objects attached which act as lives. The zombies have to try and grab the balls before you finish the course.

If you look it up its called the Zombie Evacuation Race. My goal at the moment is to just finish that, which given my previous years of not doing alot will be an achievement in my books!