Forums are back in action! ×

Five plate deadlift!

I was aiming for this for an end-of-year goal, but today just came together.  The Heavy Mob were working in on the one free platform and my planned stuff went up easy, so the friendly-competitiveness egged me on.  

220kg, five plates, not *easy* but not fugly.  :D  And I think there's a chance at 207, which is 500lb, next time I test.

Whiskey oscar oscar tango.

(This is a nice vindication of the Cube method - it's almost all sub-max and has lots of speedwork and variations and other shizzle that isn't Just Pick It Up, so by the end of a cycle I'm anxious about whether I have actually made gains or not.)

Nice! Welcome to the club. I'd be interested in a review of the cube method. I'm going to go with the TM Split method for the first half of next year then will probably look to alter it a bit.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Outstanding. I just missed 4 plates the other day. I can't wait to pull up 5.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"