Forums are back in action! ×

I feel like I'm unlikable or suck at topic titles

Not sure which one it is, but I really like the blog posts from this site and have posted an intro and first challenge thread but not really getting any responses or even any views.  I'm torn between trying to read/respond to a bunch of other people, just lurking, or giving up on the forums completely.  I am fortunate to have some other well developed support systems, so should be ok either way. I do feel a bit self conscious about it though.

Hey Angie_Pheonix,

Yeah, not getting responses/views kinda sucks. But kudos for not letting that turn you off and jumping back in!

I see you're a LARPer. I've been somewhat fascinated by LARPing, but I'm too busy with my tabletop RPG group and other commitments to add any new hobbies. I did watch Realm of LARP on the Nerdist channel, but not sure how representative that was of the hobby in general.

Anyway, keep pressing on! Looks like you're doing great things.

Be well!

Not sure which one it is, but I really like the blog posts from this site and have posted an intro and first challenge thread but not really getting any responses or even any views.  I'm torn between trying to read/respond to a bunch of other people, just lurking, or giving up on the forums completely.  I am fortunate to have some other well developed support systems, so should be ok either way. I do feel a bit self conscious about it though.

Pick about 5-10 people to respond to and see how that works. Sometimes there are so many of us it is easy to get lost in a crowd. But if you find people with similar interests that makes it easier

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi Angie_Phoenix! Welcome!

Your topic title was intriguing! I had to drop by and say hi. I lurk mostly, once in a while I say howdy and I post almost daily in the battle log (I do it mostly for me). I agree with Elastigirl, sometimes it's easy to get lost in the crowd, but having cool topic titles certainly does help with things. :)

-AJ

It's always hard being new to a forum.  I really enjoy reading but sometimes I feel awkward saying anything.  I really have to push myself to speak up and give input!   I'm much the same offline - pretty introverted until I know you and then I can chill out and 'hang'.

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love."

Hey Angie,

Honestly, I have been feeling the same way. I came here from another forum that got hacked and shutdown. I was really comfortable with a group of people there and really miss them. I just haven't felt the warm fuzzies here (for the most part), but I am trying to give it time. My challenge thread is me and 2 occasional visitors, but like someone else mentioned above, I am doing it for me so that is ok.

I think Elastigirl has it right, there are so many folks here, it is easy to get lost in the crowd. Hang in there, and know that I am happy to chat and hang out. Based on your picture, I am thinking you are a runner, so am I. And I know you want to do pull-ups, I can help with that!

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn