Forums are back in action! ×

Frustration level maxxed

It's amazing how much evidence people can ignore, my fiance has been suffering from migraines and stomach issues for a years now, both seem to be triggered at random. So I finally convinced her to just give paleo a shot, instead of eliminating 1 food at a time, like she had planned, just eliminate em all and bring them back in to see what's affecting her. So she tried it, not full paleo but it was better than nothing, as a result her stomach problems seemed to reduce a lot, and for the first time ever she had migraine pills left over at the end of the month... she was overjoyed at that fact alone.

Yet here she sits, complaining of stomach issues and possible migraine yet again... not really sure why this is up here, just needed somewhere to vent... makes a really non-violent guy want to punch a wall... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

That is soooo frustrating!! I hate when something looks like its working and then suddenly it doesn't.

Although, I've heard that stomach issues take a lot longer than we realize to resolve (like 6 months, not 6 days). Perhaps if she stuck with Paleo, her migraines and stomach problems would slowly ease over time? It's worth a shot.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

That is soooo frustrating!! I hate when something looks like its working and then suddenly it doesn't.

Although, I've heard that stomach issues take a lot longer than we realize to resolve (like 6 months, not 6 days). Perhaps if she stuck with Paleo, her migraines and stomach problems would slowly ease over time? It's worth a shot.

That's the thing, she managed to do the semi-paleo for about a month, and in that month she saw improvements. She ended up stopping the paleo attempt after a visit to West Virginia, because she wanted to cheat while up there (Grandma's homemade food) but she never picked it back up when we got back... and now she's complaining about the same issues as before she started paleo... I pointed this out and got back "I need something that works now, not in 2 weeks"...

Looking at the first post I can see the issue, it's not written very well... my apologies...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I understand the frustration. I got my parents to do a Whole30 (strict Paleo for 30 days), and they were both so thrilled with the results -- felt better, Mom lost weight, Dad's joints didn't bother him so much, etc. As soon as the 30 days were up, they went right back to how they used to eat... and now both report feeling terrible again, gaining weight, joints aching, etc. But neither is willing to do Paleo again. *sigh*

Ohhh I see. There's another level of frustration here. I understand her want for a "now" fix, but that's not always possible. I'm a massive offender because I'll try something for a few weeks, maybe 6, and then abandon saying it "didn't work". But the good part is that she's tried paleo, had good results, perhaps she'll come around again and it will stick. It's kind of like getting a relative to work out or what bjjgrrl posted about. You can show them what to do, but they are still the ones who have to do it. 

Sorry for the frustration, but glad you found a place to rant!

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Thanks you two, and yeah she might come back around, and even 2 weeks is a long time for her, though she did paleo for about a month.

I just don't want the "assholish" me go come out... I'm keeping it in check now, but damn is he biting at the bit...

My first challenge

Is there a way the assholish you can come out without being an asshole? My significant other and I often have pretty frank and possibly brutal discussions sometimes. But that requires both parties to realize that neither one of us is trying to hurt the other one, we're just trying to tell it like it is. If she's defensive at all about it, then this probably won't work. But if she comes to you like, "I just don't know what to do, I don't understand", maybe you could put your 2 cents in. Sometimes its really hard to see what's going on within yourself and an outside objective perspective can be really helpful.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Is there a way the assholish you can come out without being an asshole? My significant other and I often have pretty frank and possibly brutal discussions sometimes. But that requires both parties to realize that neither one of us is trying to hurt the other one, we're just trying to tell it like it is. If she's defensive at all about it, then this probably won't work. But if she comes to you like, "I just don't know what to do, I don't understand", maybe you could put your 2 cents in. Sometimes its really hard to see what's going on within yourself and an outside objective perspective can be really helpful.

She does get pretty defensive about it, and I also try not to sound preachy as people who like Paleo can sound. She hasn't come to me yet, but she does complain about the migraines and what not, the problem is that's the worst time to make a comment about it.

My first challenge