Forums are back in action! ×

I have to start somewhere so I chose here.

In February 2011, I broke both of my ankles on a trip to Thailand. In July of that year I had surgery on one and let me tell you the journey has STUNK! I am still having issues with my ankles on occasion and may unfortunately need more surgeries, but that is yet to be determined. So starts the weight gain (about 50 pounds)....

I've always been up and down with my weight. I would usually only lose weight due to stress, never due to a successful diet/exercise plan. So breaking both my ankles was a good excuse to give up on both. I mean, I couldn't really walk so how could I exercise? And at the time I lived in NYC so everything could be delivered I was constantly ordering out etc. So for the past 2.5 years I've made excuse after excuse because of my injuries and now I have the world's worst eating and exercise habits. I have been cleared by a doctor to workout but I still manage to make excuses. And I have totally forgotten how, and am having a hard time eating normal amounts of food, and clean food. 

So I found Nerd Fitness yesterday online and I like what it says so far, mostly about the small changes. So I am going to start out by making one food goal and one fitness goal each week and work on building on that. I've read a lot of useful information here, so I really think this might finally be the thing that helps me get my butt in gear. I know if I don't start slow I will totally give up!

My first weeks goals are:  

Food goal: to buy healthy food at the grocery store, eat one day on the Paleo diet

Fitness goal: Complete the beginner's workout twice this week (even if it is only one circuit)

Thanks for reading!

<3 Sandra