Forums are back in action! ×

Time to level up!

Hi everyone!

tumblr_mr31lb9ju41ru2yklo6_250.gif

Grad student geek here. I've been feeling tired and I haven't had much energy, and also I know that I am currently not in shape enough to be the Doctor's companion because that involves a lot of running.

doctor_who___running_gif_by_gifsandstock

That's why I'm joining the rebellion - I want to be fit enough to be a decent companion! The recent handstand post inspired me a lot, because that is something I thought I could never do. So for now that's what I'll be working on: practicing enough to do a freestanding handstand by the end of the year. Which is optimistic considering my utter lack of upper body strength, so it will take some work, but I'm willing to try!

The Doctor: "I travel. Through time and space."

Donna Noble: "He saves worlds, rescues civilizations, defeats terrible creatures and runs a lot. Seriously, there's an outrageous amount of running involved."

Haha, I've realized it's an unrealistic goal for now! I've put it on the shelf and will pull it out for the next challenge - these 6 weeks I'm just working on increasing strength.

I'm so excited for the Dr Who anniversary special! I just realized that it's being shown in theaters, unfortunately the Saturday one is already sold out near me. Oh well.

Donna Noble: "He saves worlds, rescues civilizations, defeats terrible creatures and runs a lot. Seriously, there's an outrageous amount of running involved."

I actually ended up getting tickets for the Monday showing! Wooh :D

Your avatar is awesome also, SilverRapier! And so, so true. I'm about the least elegant person alive, but I'm determined to become an assassin, so I will make it happen!

Hey I found it on my own, look at that!

Dr. Who? Awesome.

Handstands? Awesome.

Building strength? Awesome.

Basically, I just wanted to say that you're pretty awesome. So are you following any kind of strength training plan? I spent the summer mostly outdoors and didn't want to be in a gym, but I managed to do incline push ups at work several times a day, every other day. After about a 6 weeks, I was doing DECLINE push ups. It's amazing the strength you can build with body weight exercises!

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Haha, thanks for the compliment! I actually read it this morning while I was procrastinating on getting started with my workout, and then I got up and worked out like a boss, so thanks for the motivation!

I'm doing Steve's beginner's workout at the moment, I want to be able to get through that fully with good form (right now I'm losing form on the last iteration, and I can't even do regular pushups yet) and then I'll find something new. I did Body By You for a while so I might go back to that. I hope to be doing proper pushups or maybe even decline pushups at the end of these 6 weeks!