Forums are back in action! ×

Did my usual 60 min Rodnee Yee Yoga video last night. Holy hell.

I've only tried it once since my workout break, very early on, and concluded that it was terrible for my shoulder because of how much it hurt afterwards.

Now that I've come to realize my shoulder issue is most likely a combination of frozen shoulder and supraspinatous tendonosis, my thinking is changed completely. The pain that follows it is tendonitis, and tendonitis is a response that prompts healing (tendonosis is damage that doesn't heal, to heal it you need to prompt the healing response).

Compared to last time I did it though:

- I'm regained a fair bit of movement in my shoulder, there are more pain free arcs for sure. Plus I've ingrained better movement patterns since.

- Last time I couldn't really do a forward bend -> up dog -> down dog sequence. Now I can at least do it without assistance. I'm not yet ready for a jump back with a controlled decent tho (negative bent arm planche IOW)

- Extended side angle pose directly hits the "frozen". The arc to get my arm overhead is frozen stiff, I only have about 2/3 ROM in that way of moving. For the most part the frozen part has been fleeting; a combination of mental barriers and it being relatively mild make it hard to identify exact ROMs that are frozen, even though complex moving reveals it.

- I felt a squishy/crunchy release at one point, the same as I did when streching the day I discovered missing ROM. I think that's the feeling of an adhesion release. Even though things hurt, that seemed to improve movement.

- Overall I don't really mobilize at all before/during/after workouts, there just is no need for me (except my shoulder, once its healed I'm sure I'll stop), I've always preferred to do it in one intense weekly session, yoga. Overall I'm pretty close to where I was except the shoulder, though I'm sore from the backbends and my hams are tighter than they used to be.

- It took me ~2 years of once a week yoga before I could hold a full lotus, and another year before I could hold it comfortably. I still got it, kinda, it takes 15 seconds or so before it starts to hurt, and that's a crampy pain. But still, I can comfortably get into a full lotus.

- Speaking of crampy pain, I will never figure out why I can't do childs pose or heros pose. Both are real basic poses, but my feet get absolutely horrible cramps. I still try though.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

3-7-2016 (Leg Day - Quads)

Front Squat
45 x 10 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
185 x 3 x 1
195 x 3 x 1
200 x 5 x 3
- Not sure WTF but set 3 was by far the easiest of the 3 work sets. My wrists are notably less sore than they were at first. 205 on thur.  I think I've been overfocusing on the posterior chain, set 3 seemed more quad dominant.

Fingertip Neutral Grip Hang
15 sec x 2
- Gonna start working on my fingertip grip strength again. This was probably not the ideal time to do it...

Pistol Squat
+30 - 5/5 x 2
- I like hex DB's for loading pistols better than the plate DB's the gym has. But those DB's are better for dips than hex. I just put them on my shoulders and grabbed the front to balance them, but it still felt awkward. Rep #5 was slow on each set, hard to grind pistol reps @ BW, something about the balance.

Deadlift
135 x 5 x 1
225 x 5 x 1
295 x 3 x 1
305 x 3 x 1
315 x 5 x 1
- Grip was weak today, hands were a bit sweaty too, prob shouldn't have done the grip work earlier. 295 started to open up a bit, unlike last week. After 2 reps at 315 I switched to mixed grip; damn that is way easier. Rep #5 was actually kinda hard, bar speed slowed for the first time.  325 on Thur.

My workout plan going forward in the legs:

- When I stall in squats, I'm gonna drop 2 work sets on Thur, and just do 1 x 5.  Keeping 3 x 5 in this workout and only increasing weight this workout.

- Going to keep up the 2 weighted sets of pistols Mon, aiming for 5 reps each.

- When the cals are up, I'm going to add 2 sets of leg extensions @ 12-15 reps

- I'm going to keep adding 10 lbs per workout, reps be damned, in the DL until I fail a single rep.  But I'm not going to do more than 5 reps.  Once I get to that point I'm just going to do heavy singles each Mon-Thur.

- 2 work sets of RDL's and NHC's are the plan going forward on Thur.  Going to add the 2nd work set of NHC's once I drop the squats back to 1 work set.

In general, a bodybuilding leg workout with heavy dead component (for that whole big dick contest).  Actual powerlifting is not a goal I've ever had or desired, so my training is not going to move in that direction.

currently cutting

don't panic!

3-8-2016 (Upper Body Horizontal)

Bench Press

135 x 5 x 1

155 x 3 x 1

165 x 3 x 1

175 x 5 x 3

- Figured something out about muscle activation during the 2nd set, the 3rd set was by far the easiest work set, bar speed barely slowed on rep 5.  I think I'm figuring out how to use my chest, either that or my delts.  I still don't actually get sore in my chest, or really even feel fatigued. Tho it could be the form I'm using, with my elbows hugging my sides.

Chins - 5

Front Lever 

Tuck Holds - 5, 12, 15

Tuck Reps - 7, 8

One Leg Hold - N

- Usually I use an open tuck for the holds, the last one was after the one leg negative so I used a tighter tuck.

Hammer Grip Lat Pull Downs

250 - 3

230 - 7

210 - 10

- I dig this declining load AMRAP thing.  The first time I ever tried a pulldown, about a year and a half ago, I did 1 rep @ 300 lbs, the whole stack on the machine.  The machine in the work gym goes up to 305. I want to get that PR.  I felt todays workout REALLY good in the lats, the first time since my break that I really felt them deeply fatigued.

L-Sit

35, 15

- First set was timed in my head, 2nd set with the clock.  Going to use the clock from here on out (I realized I could use it when setting up).  I suspect the first set was closer to 25 actual sec.

Dips

+35 - 9, 11

EZ Bar Curl

+75 - 10, 9

- Heavy pulldowns are not so good for the curlz

currently cutting

don't panic!

Elbows to the sides makes it more triceps dominant. Flaring brings the chest in more, though it's probably not what you wanna do with your shoulder issue.

And yeah, my curls are pretty different depending on if I do lat pulldowns before them or not.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I dunno.  I remember when I figured out how to use my chest when holding a (tuck) planche, which is likewise elbows in, what a huge difference it made.

Might be my delts tho.  I visualized making my upper arms rise, pushing up my elbows.  Either way, big difference to how each rep feels and the difficulty.

currently cutting

don't panic!

In any movement you can definitely have cues to activate a muscle group more than without it, even with the same movement pattern. The elbows up cue is a great one to activate the chest vs straightening the arms, which would probably activate triceps more.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

In any movement you can definitely have cues to activate a muscle group more than without it, even with the same movement pattern. The elbows up cue is a great one to activate the chest vs straightening the arms, which would probably activate triceps more.

Some muscle groups I really need mental cues to activate. Rhomboids and glutes also.

Did the usual T25 video last night. Running on tap tonight.

Did a set of full body measurements, some notes:

- I'm still gaining mass. Measurements are increasing as is calculated lean mass. Though areas where there is a heavy fat component (glutes, upper thighs) have reversed course.

- I've been second guessing my waist technique here the last couple of days, the BS check though (suck in as much as possible and pull tape tight) shows that my normal waist measurement is fine, no need to second guess. Waist is at 33 1/8" right now.

- BF% is currently a shade under 13%. I'm not quite as lean as my avi, but getting close. Adonis belt is starting to show. Still can't see the squiggles that divide my abs well

currently cutting

don't panic!

Was scrolling back through my log and I realize that my lat pulldown goal (to PR) is 5 lb too high.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38873-waldos-log/?p=1018037

When I tested on the machines at that hotel, the stack went to 295 for the pulldown.

So a 300 lb pulldown would be a PR.

Tho there is a big difference between something trained and moseying in and doing something for the first time. My shoulder plays a big role tho, across the board my right is my weaker arm now, it used to be my strongest, by a mile. Even doing curlz, my right struggles before my left.

currently cutting

don't panic!

Ran 4.6 miles last night, furthest I've run yet this year.  Damn my calves are sore after that.

Waist was 33.0" this AM, so I've hit my target for a diet break.  I could push on further, but I am starting to feel the side effects, good to head things off while still very mild, set myself up well for the final push to 31 1/2".

1 1/2" = 6 lbs of fat, 4 weeks @ -750 cal, to go.  I will probably need to do a refeed at about 32".

The calculated precision for this diet to this point:

1/15/16 - 36 1/4" waist, 214.0 avg weight

3/10/16 - 33.0" waist, 207.2 avg weight (*est*)

(One given that I previously calculated is that 1" waist = 4 lbs fat for me, relevant because I have the "returning from workout break" effect strongly and am gaining measurable lean mass)

Waist change (-3 1/4") means 13 lbs of fat lost (1/8" = 0.5 lbs precision)

Weight changes shows 6.8 actual pounds lost, which means 6.2 lbs lean mass gain.  Strong gains in muscle measurements confirm this observation.

Total measuring period of 55 days (I actually started my cut 2.5 weeks earlier, but have no waist data).

13.0 lbs fat = -45,500 calories.

Actual intake - 149,623 calories

Actual exercise - 38,082 calories

Net intake - 111,541 calories

I previously calculated my net maintenance intake to be 2750 calories.  55 days @ 2750 calories = 151,250 calories

(its notable looking at actual intake and maintenance intake, that virtually 100% of my deficit came from exercise)

Expected fat loss = (maintenance intake - net intake)/3500 = (151,250-111,541)/3500 = 11.3 lbs

A discrepancy of 1.7 lbs too much fat loss or about 13.1%.

Possible explanations:

- The precision of the 1/4" = 1 lb assumption. Past data including including using the calculated value to much higher precision suggests this isn't the case.

- The precision of the maintenance = 2750 assumption.  This is always a moving target, but this value has been reliable since I "fixed" my metabolism after tanking it.  If it is incorrect, it is too low by 105 calories.

- The precision of my calorie counting.  13.1% error seems extreme though over this time scale, I've achieved MUCH less (also odd that the error is on the side of too conservative).

- The most likely explanation was that the lean mass gain was not "free".  It had a calorie cost.  It cost about 105 calories per day.  But this cost could not be counted on to continue to exist, the returning from a break effect should be "used up" by this point.

• Like 1

currently cutting

don't panic!

3-10-16 (Leg Day - Posterior)

Front Squat

45 x 5 x 1

135 x 5 x 1

185 x 3 x 1

195 x 3 x 1

205 x 5 x 3

- That last rep of that last set was effin brutal, RPE 9.5-10.  Were I at home I would have laid on the floor for 5 minutes without moving.

Assisted Natural Ham Curl

Easy - 5 

Hard - 5

- I tried to do an unassisted rep, I couldn't stop the descent, though I could control it and go slow.  Thought I would have it, I guess not.

Deadlift

135 x 5 x 1

225 x 5 x 1

285 x 3 x 1 (I meant to do 295, but accidentally put a 25 on one side and a 35 on the other, I thought it felt weird when doing the set)

315 x 3 x 1 (switched from DOH to mixed grip after 2 reps)

325 x 5 x 1 (switched from DOH to mixed grip after 1 rep)

- Work set is starting to get notably harder on the last couple reps.

RDL

135 x 10 x 1

205 x 12 x 1

- Skipped the 2nd work set of RDLs.  I was (am) really beat by the end of the workout.  Probably a combo of diet catching up with me, a long run last night, and the very high RPE squat set.  RDLs went great though, focused on perfect form and they felt really good.

Next week when I take a diet break at maintenance I'm also going to ease back my workouts, decreasing volume to 1 work set (depending on exercise) and not raising weight.  See if I can't shed a bit of fatigue.  

currently cutting

don't panic!

wizardtrip did that unbalanced loading to me at a meetup, got a PR because of it. I'm at the same point of fatigue, I beat this shit outta myself this week.

500 / 330 / 625

wizardtrip did that unbalanced loading to me at a meetup, got a PR because of it. I'm at the same point of fatigue, I beat this shit outta myself this week.

Instead of cutting back on the load or taking time off, I'm just going to cut the volume down to a minimum with the same workout.  Hopefully that does the trick.

currently cutting

don't panic!

Yep, me too. Instead of the backoff sets tomorrow, work up to my minimum heavy single and call it for each lift.

500 / 330 / 625

So Friday's workout was kind of a bummer, I'll write it all out next time I have my workout book, but clearly the cals and fatigue caught up with me. It wasn't terrible, but I've been on a PR every exercise every workout roll all year (technically not on a few things that I have a history with, but still, from where they started in Jan, every exericse every wrokout progresses), Friday that came to a halt, mostly.

Today I finally cashed in a round tuit I've been slacking on. The last owners of our house replaced the range in the kitchen with an induction range, which is frickin awesome, however the one they replaced had downdraft ventilation and the induction range has none, so the whole time we've had this house, our kitchen has had no ventilation. Which sucks, because we've set off the fire alarm a few times just making dinner (burgers esp). Almost a year ago I bought a NOS vent fan, the 1950's-1960's style (which fits our MCM house) that just has a round metal grille that mounts on the ceiling, that I've been meaning to install.

When we first moved in, there was this incredibly lame light, almost like a pool table light (a very uncool version of one with contemporaty bathroom styling) mounted above the range. Getting rid of that hideous beast was I beleive literally the first thing I did to the house, I put a cheap little flush mount light in its place. It looked fine, but the light sucked because it was a cfl only fixture so we never used it. Once we figured out the vent issues, one day it sort of hit me that that was the perfect place to mount a vent fan, a dedicated electric circuit was already in place, and the cans put out more than enough light anyway.

I bought the fan late last spring. Then it occurred to me that getting up into the attic to do the ducting was going to be utter torture given that it was already summer hot. So I waited to the fall. Then baby came. Then I slacked all winter.

Finally, I did it. Well half of it. I ran out of time, I have the fan installed and working and the first leg of ducting. Tomorrow I have to cut a hole in the house, put in the exhast canopy, and finsih the ducting. But the hard part is done. And it can be used, our attic vents great so its no biggie to run it.

Eventually I'm going to put in a speed control in place of the switch, but that is a major undertaking; its a 4 gang box that someone mcgyvered together, I'm going to replace the box with a proper box and replace all the switches. I'm going to change them all from standard switches to decora switches, putting dimmers on the can circuits in addition to the speed control. Needless to say, this is a major undertaking that will also cost a fair amount (decora dimmers aren't cheap, nor are nice speed controls). So one round tuit becomes another.

But we have a working fan, that was sorely needed. I don't know why this sort of fan isn't used anymore. I get using hoods when the range has cabinets or a microwave above it. That makes sense. I can even kind of understand when the range is mounted against the wall. But when the range is peninsula (like ours) or island mounted, why on earth would you want a vent hood above it? Any smoke it misses is just going to linger by the ceiling anyway. They are just these big clunky things that get in the way. Ours looks like we mounted the hubcap from a cool old car to the ceiling, slick and retro modern.

Edit: Here's a pic

6e7f84af-83e4-4d5e-9df1-4d0218a201a2_zps

I finished everything up on Sunday.

currently cutting

don't panic!

3-11-16 (Upper Body Vertical)

Overhead Press

45 x 5 x 1

95 x 5 x 1

115 x 3 x 1

125 x 3 x 1

130 - 4, 7, 6

- First work set I tried a wider grip.  And that's the one time I'll try that, it was a good bit harder.  This week is a not increasing weight/lower volume break, but next week I'm going to go to 135 and then ride the reps up to 8 there. 

Chinup - 5

Chest to Bar Pullup - 5, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5  (total volume - 34)

- No progress.  This sucked.  The need for a diet and workout break is apparent.

Dips

+35 - 9, 10

EZ Bar Curl

+75 - 8, 8

One Leg Dragon Flag

3-14-16 (Leg Day Quads)

Front Squat

45 x 10 x 1

135 x 5 x 1

185 x 3 x 1

195 x 3 x 1

205 x 3 x 1

- Not increasing weight this week, reducing work set volume to 1 and work rep volume from 5 to 3.

Pistol Squat

+30 - 5/5

Deadlift

135 x 5 x 1

225 x 5 x 1

295 x 3 x 1

215 x 3 x 1

325 x 3 x 1 (switched to mixed grip after 1 rep)

currently cutting

don't panic!

As is typical, I raised my cals and all of a sudden became way more sore. I'm not sure why it works this way, but it always seems to. The shoulder especially has been bothering me, though its definitely tendonitis type pain.

3-16-2016 (Upper Body Horizontal)

Bench Press
45 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
155 x 3 x 1
165 x 3 x 1
175 x 3 x 1

Chinups - 5
Tuck Front Lever - 5s, 5r, 10s

Straddle One Arm Pushup
3/3
- For some reason I felt the need to just drop down and do a set of these.

Dips
+35 - 8

EZ Bar Curl
+75 - 8

L-Sit
20 sec

Lat Pulldown
230 - 7

Fingertip Dead Hang
20 sec

Short workout overall.  The diet break is taking effect though, the side effects of cutting are mostly gone already.  

currently cutting

don't panic!

Diet break is going pretty good.  I was way over on cals yesterday, but that's ok, better to be over than under.

Waist has held steady at 32 7/8" since last Fri.

Did a set of measurements yesterday.  Slight tick upward in muscle size and LBM.  Rate has slowed a lot though.  LBM has changed from ~175 mid Jan to 182 today.  Previous high was 180 in 2014.  

Ran 4 miles last night.  Also did 3 sets of pushups spaced throughout the day (30/set).

The pushups are a pretty big deal, they didn't hurt at all.  At the start of the year they hurt a lot.  Its clear that my shoulder is getting better, even though the soreness has been pretty even if not getting a little worse.  But that's how it goes with this sort of thing (the trajectory of my knee was the same way), tendonitis is a constant, but it heals the tendonosis, you get stronger and stronger until the tendonosis clears up, then the tendonitis goes away.

Though I must say this week of backing off volume has really paid dividends already.  Most soreness is gone everywhere.  And my shoulder feels better than it has in a really long time

• Like 1

currently cutting

don't panic!

3-17-2016 (Leg Day Posterior)

Front Squat

45 x 10 x 1

135 x 5 x 1 

185 x 3 x 1

195 x 3 x 1

205 x 3 x 1

- Doing triples this week has helped me really feel confident at this weight.  I'm really looking forward to pushing on to 225 in the coming weeks.  Going to 210 on Mon.  

Easy - 5

Hard - 5

Deadlift

135 x 5 x 1

225 x 5 x 1

295 x 3 x 1

315 x 3 x 1

325 x 3 x 1

- DOH for all reps.  Was close to losing the bar on rep 3 @ 325, but held on and finished the set. I don't really see the point of 135 and will probably ditch it; it doesn't even really feel like a deadlift.  335 next Mon.

Romanian Deadlift

135 x 10 x 1

205 x 12 x 1

- At some point I'll probably raise the weight, but I'm not in a rush.

currently cutting

don't panic!

Some strength training updates:

3-18-2016 (Upper Body Vertical)

Overhead Press

45 x 10 x 1

95 x 5 x 1

115 x 3 x 1

125 x 3 x 1

130 x 3 x 1

135 x 3 x 1

- Since I was just doing triples for peak sets last week, I decided to move the weight up to 135 a week early.  Woot, pressing the big plates now.  3 reps wasn't particularly hard.

Pullups

7, 8, 7, 7, 6

Total Volume: 35

- A lot less bad than last week.

Dips: +35 - 11

EZ Bar Curl: 75 - 10

One Leg Dragon Flag - 6

Fingertip Dead Hang - 15 sec

3-21-2016 (Leg Day - Quads)

Front Squat 

45 x 10 x 1

135 x 5 x 1

185 x 3 x 1

200 x 3 x 1

210 x 5 x 3

- Leaned forward a bit much on some of those last reps.

Pistol Squat

+ 40 - 5/5

BW - 10/10

Deadlift 

225 x 5 x 1

295 x 3 x 1

315 x 3 x 1

335 x 5 x 1 (mixed grip after rep 1)

- Deads are starting to get hard finally.  That last rep was tough (RPE 8).  All ramp up sets were DOH for all reps.

currently cutting

don't panic!

in other news. 

Back to cutting today.  At least I'm going to try.  We have out of town visitors until Wed, which isn't good for the diet.  Not overstressing cutting at the moment.

Waist held steady throughout the break, still at 32 7/8".  Weight has been in the 209-210 area.

Missed cardio on Sat due to aforementioned company.  Skipped doing extra T25 cardio Tue/Fri (I plan on that being a cutting thing only, whereas Wed/Sat running is an always thing).  No Yoga this week either.

But I did spend a boatload of time in the shop as of late.  The loveseat I'm working on is getting close to being done, the end is in sight.  Did the first dry fit of the final form the other night.

4b269209-c45b-46d7-beb8-72aff173b4b6_zps

I just have to shape the back and the seat, glue it together and do some final sanding, then its ready for finish.  

Shop time is actually a pretty darn good workout when I spend a long time in there.  I use a lot of hand tools, it takes a fair amount of effort.

• Like 1

currently cutting

don't panic!

3-22-2016 (Upper Body Horizontal)

Bench Press

135 x 5 x 1

160 x 3 x 1

170 x 3 x 1

180 x 5 x 3

- Damn, I was real shaky all day.  I really would benefit from benching more often (def the movement I'm least comfortable with).  I tried widening my grip a bit, seemed to make it a little easier; I usually have my index on the inner edge of the knurling, for the 3rd set I had my hand right in the center of the inner knurling band, about 1.5" wider than usual.

Chinups - 5

Tuck Front Lever - 5s, 8r, 16s, OLneg+6r, 15s

- Feeling stronger at these.  I really should be hitting that one leg hold for time here soon, I stopped it today though, but couldn't hold it but a split second, went right into tuck reps from there.

Lat Pull Down

250 - 5

230 - 9

210 - 9

- Pulling chain started fading bad after that 230 set.  But, awesome progress here today, gonna start at 270 next week.

Dips

+35 - 12, 8

- Woot, 12 reps, going to +40 Friday

EZ Bar Curl

+75 - 6, 8

- Horrible.  Arms were dead.

L-Sit - 25, 20 sec

Hammer Grip Fingertip Dead Hang - 15, 15 sec

currently cutting

don't panic!

Ran 4 miles last night.  Wednesdays are tough when cutting, its a high calorie food day and a low exercise day.  Been running more on Wednesdays to compensate.

3-24-2016 (Leg Day Posterior)

Front Squat

45 x 10 x 1

135 x 5 x 1

185 x 3 x 1

205 x 3 x 1

215 x 3 x 3

- Triples are so much less exhausting than 5 reps.  I think I'm going to stick to triples for the the front squat for this workout.  And switch to raising weight weekly, this workout, then doing higher volume with it on Mondays.  I also figured out that my breathing has been terrible, did the whole deep breath and hold it each rep much like a DL, whereas previously I didn't care; made a notable difference.  Also used the "push the elbows up" cue, definitely made a difference in form quality.

Easy - 5, Hard - 5

Deadlift

225 x 5 x 1

295 x 3 x 1

315 x 3 x 1

335 x 3 x 1 (DOH rep 1, mixed thereafter)

345 x 3 x 1 (mixed grip)

- Didn't plan on doing a triple.  Not sure what was up, the squats or cardio maybe?  Too many ramp up sets? Maybe just the lower cals or lack of focus.  Either way, I didn't think I had another rep in me.  Maybe wearing a belt will help.  Ah well, I'm going to keep up the 10 lbs/workout plan until I can't get up a single rep.

Romanian Deadlift

135 x 10 x 1

205 x 15 x 1

- I think I'm ready to move up to 2 plates.  Once I got to 12 reps, I still had more in the tank and the burn was just starting to set in.

currently cutting

don't panic!

3-25-2016 (Upper Body Vertical)

Overhead Press

45 x 10 x 1

95 x 5 x 1

115 x 3 x 1

125 x 3 x 1

135 x 5, 5, 6

- Got an extra rep on the last set, pushed it to a higher RPE.  Gonna stick with this weight and ride the reps to 8 across all 3 sets.

Pullups

5, 8, 8, 7, 7, 5

Total Volume - 40

Dips

+40 - 9, 9

EZ Bar Curl

75 - 11, 9

One Leg Dragon Flag

8, 8

Fingertip Dead Hang

15, 20

currently cutting

don't panic!

Not the best weekend diet-wise, but man I am already hun-gree.  There's a decent chance I'm going need to be more diligent about a refeeding strategy.

Waist was 32 5/8" on Sun, which means I have 1 1/8" to go, 4.5 lbs of fat. 15750 calories of deficit to go.

Between kids birthday parties and Easter candy, not a great weekend.  Only exercise was walking on the treadmill.  We ate dinner early on Saturday, and I can't run on a full stomach.

Going to jump back into the challenges this time around.  Lots of things to finish.

currently cutting

don't panic!