Forums are back in action! ×

cue creative, witty and intriguing title (or not)

Hey there, so, I'm Blair. I'm twenty-one years old and I generally suck at introductions. 

Seriously, I get side-tracked so easily, it's a problem. (Case and point). 

So, I've been battling against my health and build and shape for a while now. I like to call it a battle because it permits me to internally visualize myself in a fight of epic proportions. Amazingly, I've already made progress on my own, but it's not quite as far as I'd like. That's where NF comes in for me. I think what I've lacked is a community, is people to remind me to drive myself by watching them drive themselves. 

As far as stats go, I'm at the low end of 5'something. 5'4 or 5'5 at a guess. "Short" is the usual determiner. I weigh just over ten stone (141 lb last time I checked), which is an entire stone down from around a year and a half / two years ago. I got this far by fairly ruthlessly cutting half the crap I was eating. I went cold turkey on McDonalds, started cutting back how much I snacked (or at the very least what on), drank less soda, ate less sugarydeath and generally came better off for it. I also started drinking bottled water (and reusing the bottles). Generally I drink an upwards of two litres a day, I think. 

I joined a gym for a year, but it was expensive and I was intimidated. There were a lot of young laddish guys who weren't particularly charming there. I got sexually harassed twice trying to use the pool (I mean people not leaving me alone at all, despite rebuttal). I never felt comfortable and going there actually knocked my confidence twice as much. I started making excuses not to go, so eventaully it got to a point where I was like "alright, no, this isn't worth it" and quit. My bank thanks me. 

I try to exercise around the house but I haven't found a routine that suits me. I've built a lot of upper body strength on my own by teaching myself how to do handstands. I have a hula hoop (two, actually) and I have weights and I had a good deal of space to work with. I just need to map out something that works for me. 

My main enemy seems to be my taste. I'm so against so many foods that it's a constant battle to find something I like to eat. Grocery shopping for myself is a nightmare. I patrol the store wandering idly. I eat a lot of chicken - I prefer it to red meat - and I go through phases of making my own smoothies, but I really need to find a consistent diet that I can stomach. 

I'm trying to figure out what my goals are. "Toning up" sounds super vague. I'm thinking about going on Body Fat to make a goal, but I guess I need to figure out what I want to aim for. So, any thoughts or suggestions, fire away!