Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone, my name is Stacey and I'm brand new to the Rebellion!  Literally, just purchase the Fitness Guide this morning and rather excited to get started.  My main quest is definitely to lose weight, but I know at that point I'll want to tone up.  I'd love to participate in Tough Mudder and hit the top 5% for time, but I've got a ways to go!

Currently, I do workout throughout the week, but I'd like to get into a more routine .. well, routine.  Actually designate days for muscle groups instead of doing whatever doesn't hurt on my body that day from the previous day's workout.  Diet wise - needs improvement.  I don't drink pop or any carbonated, sugar beverage.  I eat red meat at least twice a week, and probably too many carbs.  I've always wanted to try a gluten-free or Paleo approach, so this may help.

I haven't had the chance to read the guide yet, as I'm at work on break and writing this immediately, but I've got high hopes that this'll be a great way to achieve my goals.

Not sure where to start, what guild to consider, know little about the challenges, so any and all help would be fantastic!

S.

AMATEUR SHAPESHIFTER, Level 1

STR 2 + DEX 1 + STA 2 + CON 1 + WIS 3 + CHA 1

DAILY BATTLE LOG + LEVEL 01 CHALLENGE + ZOMBIE OUTBREAK SURVIVORS

Welcome to the Rebellion! From the sounds of it, you'll probably want to be with the Warriors or Rangers eventually, but if you intend to do a challenge, you'll have to start with the Level 1 group. If you still haven't figured out where you want to be after that, you can join the Adventurers and keep exploring until you come up with some more solid fitness/workout goals. With diet, one step at a time might be easiest, so I would recommend maybe going gluten-free first. As you'll hear a lot around here, we try not to focus too much on what the scale says, but getting fitter is always good :) Keep reading around and don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Thanks AKLulu!  I've been browsing a few of the guilds and I'm still not too sure which to join!  I love hoop dancing and decluttering, so Druid also sounds like a great guild, but I'd love to be a Warrior, as well.  So many options!

I will definitely take your advice on smaller steps.  I've always dove in head first, and then ended up getting overwhelmed.  One step at a time!  I'm excited that I found Nerd Fitness right before the next challenge.  I'm rather excited to get started!

Thanks AKLulu!  I've been browsing a few of the guilds and I'm still not too sure which to join!  I love hoop dancing and decluttering, so Druid also sounds like a great guild, but I'd love to be a Warrior, as well.  So many options!

I will definitely take your advice on smaller steps.  I've always dove in head first, and then ended up getting overwhelmed.  One step at a time!  I'm excited that I found Nerd Fitness right before the next challenge.  I'm rather excited to get started!

Ooh! That's cool that you do hoop dancing :) One of my sisters-in-law was really obsessed with watching videos on YouTube for a while and she started trying to practice some moves. And you don't even have to stick with one guild once you pick it :) You can be in a different guild for every challenge if you want to, so don't worry.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Ooh! That's cool that you do hoop dancing :) One of my sisters-in-law was really obsessed with watching videos on YouTube for a while and she started trying to practice some moves. And you don't even have to stick with one guild once you pick it :) You can be in a different guild for every challenge if you want to, so don't worry.

That's how I started!  Watching Youtube videos inspired me to try it and I absolutely adore it - more than I did when I was a kid!

I think I might start with Adventurer until I achieve my weight loss goal, then go into another one afterwards!