Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!

I'm Aquari, warrior of water and steel!

Finding My Super Hero Identity

I am NOT a gamer and I'm only recently delving into online interactions, so I've never had my own little avatar name. Now that I'm starting to game a little and get online, this has been very frustrating.

Last night, I read the articles about making a super hero identity and super power to my husband (who will be doing rebel strength guide, barbell battalion with me, but he doesn't really want to post, so...it's just me getting involved online for now lol). At first, I didn't feel I had any super powers because OBVIOUSLY I'm not a fitness guru. Then I realized I am a determined person in other aspects of my life, some might call it obstinance or stubbornness. When I want something, I MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Reminded me of "stubborn like a bull" and I happen to be a taurus, so I started running with something about "taurus".

I like to swim and if I DO have a fitness super power, that's it. I'm not super fast, but I have pretty good technique and when in shape, can go for MILES. So I wanted to add something about water.

While searching for synonyms for bull, I found a page that told me how to say bull in different languages. I recognized a few as being correct translations, so I'm hoping others are as well because it said tauri is romanian for bull. I thought about using hwangso bc it's Korean for bull and I served an LDS mission in Korea...LOVE that country, the people, the language, the culture, the FOOD!

ps I saw a post in the warriors guild forum and it looks like one of the women is in Korea, now, right? Shout out! Ahn-young-ha-sae-oh! And also another warrior replied to her about kim chi. YES! Sarang to you both! ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ ^^

Anyway, I ultimatly decided to go with Tauri bc it sounds more girlie and aqua because it sounds super hero-y. Aquatauri was a little mouth full and too prosaic, so I condensed it. I now realize I'm only a stone's throw from aquarius, a completely different zodiac, but...oh well. =)

The only other thing I've learned about Aquari so far is:

What She Stands For (step 4 to creating a super hero identity)

My husband and I joined the rebellion to fight for our family. We had our first little baby boy a little over a year ago. My eating habits have always been crap and I don't want him eating like that.

I'm also unequal to his energy level. (NOT COOL, MOM!) I want to keep pace with him through his childhood. Videogames and movies are great and all, but I want him to be a super hero at real life, too, playing in the outdoors, doing sports (if he wants to), feeling confident about himself, and HAVING FUN! Not happening with an out of shape mamma.

Fun Facts

Interested in becoming a triathlete (HELLO SCOUTS)...maybe powerlifting competitions, too!

I'm another one of those home birth mamas (I've seen a few of your posts in here)

Favorite TV show: Monk

Favorite Movie: Rocky III

Kryptonite: Chocolate

I could be wrong, now, but I don't think so!

Hey, Aquari :) Welcome to the Rebellion and good luck on your mission to become a more active mamma! Your boy will definitely love running around with you :)

Thanks! I've never really followed an actual training program before. I have lifted (and I LOVE that NF is all about power lifting because I love squats, bench presses, and DEADLIFTS), but kind of just for fun and I didn't see any results. I'm excited to start barbell battalion and get strong. I look up to so many of you already, just from reading your posts and about your success stories. Thanks in advance for the support.

The hubs and I are taking pics and measurments tonight. He's stopping by a GNC on the way home from work for a body fat caliper. I downloaded the MyFitnessPal iPhone app and love how easy that is making this food diary thing. Still have to delve more into the nutrition plan (doing that tonight, too, hopefully). After that, nothing to do but put in the work and cross my fingers.

I could be wrong, now, but I don't think so!