Forums are back in action! ×

The fatness is strong with this one...(lame I know)

Ran across this site last night and well I havent really done much else since. The whole idea and premise is just really cool. Im 25 and am a good 60+ pounds over weight. Luckily I carry a lot of it in my gut so it looks like im pregnant(im a guy, and yes that was sarcasm!) Was as high as 260 and got back to 240 sorta by mistake (I did not really diet or exercise or anything) About 4 years ago I was hitting the gym 4 or 5 days a week and loved it. I never ate properly but just the challenge of weight lifting was great and its about damn time I get back to it and am very excited to become a member of the Rebellion.

Kain, you dont sound like a broken record at all. This is a goal oriented site and thats what I need. My goals really are to lose weight but more just to get into shape. However im wrapping my head around working toward a 5k. Going paleo makes perfect sense, and I have tried other low carb diets in the past. What usually happens is by the third or fourth day I completely hit the wall. Physically, mentally im drained and its really hard for me to work through that. I have never been a ball of energy in the first place so hitting the wall literally means zombie for me. Im hoping if I educate myself better this time around I can work my way through it this time. Starting today im already cutting out all carbs. Had lots of protein, fat, a bit of fruit with walnuts, salad and im hoping to replace an after dinner dessert with a nice sweet potato. Also, im going to do the beginner circuit training in the how to section. Actually have done it once just to make a few adjustments. How often should I do those? Every other day? Thanks in advance!

Starting today im already cutting out all carbs. Had lots of protein, fat, a bit of fruit with walnuts, salad and im hoping to replace an after dinner dessert with a nice sweet potato. Also, im going to do the beginner circuit training in the how to section. Actually have done it once just to make a few adjustments. How often should I do those? Every other day? Thanks in advance!

I'd advise against going ZERO carbs, but what with sweet potato maybe you just meant grains :) it sounds like you had a good day of eating!

I'd recommend training 3x per week to start (I like Mon, Wed, Fri) but get out and be active somehow on most other days (i.e. fun exercise) - but give yourself at least one rest day per week.

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram