Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Humboldt!

Hello,

My name is Cody and I live in far northern California in a rural county. I am in the worst shape of my life. Eight years ago I left a physical job for a clerical one and I am showing it. I ballooned up to 360 and have since dropped it to 296-300. I want to get my life back. I want to be married again some day and I want to live well in any case. It would be nice to get back to the things I really enjoy as well like hunting and backpacking. I use my Law Enforcement job as an excuse to eat crap and suspend food discipline. I grab something when I can, because I am too lazy to plan a little. This will change.

Stats:

39 year old male

6'1" 296 lbs

I can run about 1/8 mile before getting winded, I can bench 160 8 times, basically out of shape but my wide shoulders and big hands gets me a pass.

Main quest: I wish to be the best person i can be, physically, emotionally, mentally and intellectually.

Missions to accomplish quest:

Fitness:  I do not care about numbers or weights, but would rather be able to run ten miles, do 25 pushups, three pullups and a hundred situps without stopping. I would also like to be able to bench 300 lbs again and am interested in power lifting. (for fitness not competition) I think my ideal weight for my frame size would be 210-220.

Diet: I wish to eat healthily and in moderation. I want to cut out all refined sugars, and simple carbs, and as many chemicals as possible. I want to stop eating fast food garbage. If I eat grains I wish them to be whole grains. I have a mini farm, so I produce most of my own produce, meat, and eggs by hunting and raising chickens and growing a small garden. I need to take the time and plan ,so I can enjoy the fruits of my labors, instead of watching my garden rot while I chow a McDouble.

Personal: I want to like myself enough that it shows. I want to take pride in myself again. I am an awesome guy on the inside. I am caring, gentle, intelligent, and thoughtful. I am mentally sharp, aware, and strong. I want my outside to match that. I know that by improving my physical state, my emotional and mental states will benefit.

Financial: Within the next year I want to be completely debt free. I am within a few weeks of this goal. I will have no mortgage, car payment, and no consumer debt. After that, I want to start investing a large portion of my income into a retirement property. I also wish to finish my degree without incurring any student loan debt. I go to school part-time, so I will need about 4 more years for my masters. After I retire in ten years, I am split between teaching at the college level, or becoming a small town barber as a second career.

I am able to lose weight easily . I have a mesomorph type body and I do not show my weight very much at all, but I know where it is and that is enough. I hope to find an exercise program that does not hurt me too bad, an accountability, and some friends for the journey

That is it folks, PM Me with any questions.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

Hi hawgsquatch!

You've got some fantastic goals and ideals man! Go for it!

Looks like you've got things covered pretty well. I suppose much of the difficulty I face in these situations are balancing many things at once. Do you use any productivity apps or anything for tracking and or managing. I usually don't like ones which at OTT so I prefer using evernote and making categories for the goals I wanna achieve and also assist with what I'm doing so that I can track and manage many things well.

Best of luck dude! Go for broke! :-)

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Hi hawgsquatch!

You've got some fantastic goals and ideals man! Go for it!

Looks like you've got things covered pretty well. I suppose much of the difficulty I face in these situations are balancing many things at once. Do you use any productivity apps or anything for tracking and or managing. I usually don't like ones which at OTT so I prefer using evernote and making categories for the goals I wanna achieve and also assist with what I'm doing so that I can track and manage many things well.

Best of luck dude! Go for broke! :-)\

I keep a journal of my food, exercise, and my personal thoughts. I write it in a sixty year old leatherbound notebook with a seventy year old fountain pen. I like old stuff that was built to last. I have nothing against technology, I just have not kept up on the cutting edge. I purchased my first computer about three years ago, and my phone is definitely a dumb one. I don't know how i found this site, but anyone humble enough to call themselves a nerd and smart enough to embrace quirks and proclivities, and make benefit from what others might consider different are good folks to be around. I used to weigh-in a lot, but I have decided to set my weigh-in's at about three to six months in order to keep from getting discouraged over my natural fluctuations. I think how I feel, my strength, how I treat others, and how my clothes fit are better ways to gauge my fitness than a number. Thank you for the encouragement Glider, see you around.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.