Forums are back in action! ×

First time for everything

Hi Everyone! I'm pretty stoked to be joining the rebellion. I have never posted in forums online except for class so this will be a new experience.

A little bit about me: I'm 22 and working on my Master's in Mental Health Counseling in Washington. As a child I had always been physically active and loved sports. However, when I started college, I no longer had a place to play sports because I wasn't good enough to be on the college team and I didn't have very many friends who would have willingly done intramural sports with me. I gained 40 pounds my freshman year of college and have been battling since to get it off. I am currently 195 (only 5'2"). Every time I have started something, I have gotten frustrated because I don't see results as quickly as I want them too. Plus, I fall into the category of people who say they don't have time.

Anyways, I decided that maybe becoming a part of an online community would help me stay with it this time. Plus I get to geek out along the way with amazing people based on the threads I have already read. I can't wait to have help and help everyone here in making fitness fun again. 

Hello Hit Girl!

Welcome to the forums! I know exactly how you feel. I too am one of those "don't have time" types. Just remember, go slow and steady. It's going to take time to get where you want to go, but if you stick to your guns you'll get there! If you ever feel like you're losing momentum, come here and we'll cheer you up!

Stay sharp!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I have often used the time excuse as well. Then I found this site and found I can get a muscle building workout done in thirty minutes a day. I like your major. People who get mental health help often avoid becoming part of the system and we desperately need that. Welcome, you will find some extraordinarily generous people here.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.