Forums are back in action! ×

College Kid Reporting In

Hello Rebels.

My name is Bobby and I’m a 21 year-old senior in college. I’ve been lurking for about a week now and finally decided it was time to join up. Over the course of this semester I’ve been thinking about what my life will be like after college particularly when it comes to my health and fitness level. I’m a runner and, while I wouldn’t consider myself out of shape, I certainly wouldn’t consider myself to be in shape. I’m hoping that through this community I can really set myself up for a lifetime of good habits and fun times.

So, a little more about who I am. I’m a biology major at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA. As I said I’m a runner and I come from a family of runners. I recently achieved my 5k p.r. at 16:24 and am running another race this Saturday. I also have been training for my second half marathon in December and hope to come in below 1:30:00. The outdoors are my sanctuary. I love camping, hiking, backpacking, kayaking etc. The only thing I haven’t mastered yet is rock climbing, but that is most certainly on my bucket list.  I’m 5’ 10†and about 140 pounds (63.5 kg).

I’m really excited about beginning my journey both into my life outside college and into my life of fitness. I’d ultimately like to work towards ‘functional fitness’ although right now I am focusing on my half marathon. I’m thrilled to be a part of this community and am looking forward to all the great things that I can accomplish.

Battle Plan: I plan on completing my half marathon training while introducing very basic bodyweight fitness routines. After my half, I plan on increasing my commitment towards bodyweight fitness and possibly including some crossfit, but that’s in the future.

Diet: I plan on cleaning up my college student diet. I’m an RA and still eat campus food so my options are limited, but I want to make better decisions and begin to actively record what I am eating.

I’m absolutely open to advice, suggestions, comments, questions etc. I truly believe in the strength of a community and the ability of its members to achieve greatness through each other.

Bobby

Hey there Bobby!

I commend you for your running. It's what i want, no, need, to begin doing in order to join the Marines. 

I, too, ate campus food and just not so good food altogether, so that's why I'm here. I think being a part of the community here on NF will really help to keep us motivated and get help from others on here.

Best of luck! I look forward to seeing your progress!

-Ash

"And god said, 'let there be Marines' and the devil ran in fear"....

Hi Bobby,

Welcome to the community and thanks for bringing your strength with you. It sounds like you have a very realistic plan to accomplish your goals. Yup cafeteria food is not the best. Have you ever noticed that the same companies that supply schools, also supply prisons, and hospitals, yuck. I say if you are a RA then sneak a fridge and hot plate into your room and chef up some healthy stuff. What are they going to do to you ...........Good luck, and glad you are here.

• Like 1

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

I say if you are a RA then sneak a fridge and hot plate into your room and chef up some healthy stuff. What are they going to do to you ...........Good luck, and glad you are here.

The fridge (even one of those tiny ones) might be a bit tricky, but a hot plate is defintely a good idea.

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.